Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just love the fact that it's NO collaboration malarkey on this one. We made it, in house, using our own tech and improving on it. Yes and please.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Furrypants View Post
      Just love the fact that it's NO collaboration malarkey on this one. We made it, in house, using our own tech and improving on it. Yes and please.
      But is that a good thing? Its not like Toyota have a long list of great handling hatchbacks over the past 5-10 years.
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

But is that a good thing? Its not like Toyota have a long list of great handling hatchbacks over the past 5-10 years.
        Given their new direction lately, I think they'll be fine \_(ツ)_/

Comment

Hyundai didn't make anything good before the i30N and it turned out pretty good. Sure, they had a good leader (ex BMW M guy), but Toyota seem to be a putting a lot of effort in the GazooRacing brand and team.
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

with the input from their world champion rally team, I'd guess it will handle fairly well

Comment

A bit late on the reply, Kev. I was talking to him about the supra while we picked up the new block of flats (prado Kakadu) to lug our two kids the 4klm to school and back. I loved it so much better in the flesh and felt Uber premium inside compared to anything else I’ve ever had. Got a thumbs up as I flung the 86 down the road when I left.
              "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

So this or the next gen turbo 86 that was announced today. Things are looking promising for Toyota again with regards to a performance car line up.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news...86-to-go-turbo

Comment

A few sites in the USA are putting this out - Out of the box, this “Yaris” has 268hp, 360Nm, AWD, 6 speed Manuel, Torsen diffs, 1280kg’s, 0-100kph in under 5.5 seconds.

Price is set at about $36k/4 million.

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
                    So this or the next gen turbo 86 that was announced today. Things are looking promising for Toyota again with regards to a performance car line up.

that article sounds a lot like speculation rather than fact
                    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post

Great news but if they’re talking ~200kw it’s kinda sad they’re persisting with a dak-dak engine when it surely cant be too hard to stick this new Yaris engine in there?

Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                      Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                        Great news but if they’re talking ~200kw it’s kinda sad they’re persisting with a dak-dak engine when it surely cant be too hard to stick this new Yaris engine in there?
                        Why would they possibly want to do that?
                        Yaris engine is E/W, so it would need to be engineered for N/S to begin with.
                        Then there is a loss of low end torque (2L vs 1.6L), the higher COG of the I3, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post

that article sounds a lot like speculation rather than fact
                          Yeah, can't see any difference between that and the 'turbo 86 is around the corner' articles we've been seeing for the last 7 years. And with the Supra and Yaris actually announced its a lot more congested lineup that they'd need to slot a turbo 86 into.

Comment

Yeh I thought the same when I read the article on the 'GR 86' yesterday. Until there is an official announcement about an 86 replacement I'm going to continue reading all of those articles as hearsay and rumours. The 86 fanboys are probably pissed that a little yaris is going to be faster than their sports cars...
                            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

GR 86 has been out in japan for a while, mostly cosmetics.. and $67k
                              https://toyota.jp/86/grade/gr/?padid...gr_detail_1902
                              www.markpakula.com
                              2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                              2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                              2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                              2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Originally posted by MWP View Post

Why would they possibly want to do that?
                                Yaris engine is E/W, so it would need to be engineered for N/S to begin with.
                                Then there is a loss of low end torque (2L vs 1.6L), the higher COG of the I3, etc, etc.
                                Yes but on the plus side, its not a dak-dak

Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post
                                GR 86 has been out in japan for a while, mostly cosmetics.. and $67k
                                https://toyota.jp/86/grade/gr/?padid...gr_detail_1902
                                Yep, Toyota JP does GR versions of about a dozen models but most of them are just bodykits and wheels (the GR SPORT ones)

GR Prius anyone?

Click image for larger version

Name:	GR.PNG
Views:	171
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	7105649

Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 15-01-20, 01:00 PM.

Originally posted by Jim
                                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                                1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Working...
                                X