No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mines now in another part of the wharf lol.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
      mines now in another part of the wharf lol.
      I noticed it moved this morning. I sent my dealer guy an email, my car is actually on Drive Green Highway, DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Panama - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9728069, MMSI 374438000, Call Sign 3FTM8 | AIS Marine Traffic. Somewhere between Japan and Townsville. ETA BNE 30th Jan, Dealer, 12th Feb. PCC-IMPORT.pdf (kline.com.au)

I reckon yours will be on the same boat, check with your contact.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

how do you know what ship it is on?
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

how do you know what ship it is on?
          It was in my post mate.

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I noticed it moved this morning. I sent my dealer guy an email, my car is actually on Drive Green Highway, DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Panama - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9728069, MMSI 374438000, Call Sign 3FTM8 | AIS Marine Traffic. Somewhere between Japan and Townsville. ETA BNE 30th Jan, Dealer, 12th Feb. PCC-IMPORT.pdf (kline.com.au)

I reckon yours will be on the same boat, check with your contact.
          Dealer guy checked with Stock Controller.

I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
            Got mine ceramic (with graphene) coated along with tints from Solar Style in Brisbane. The ex got hers done there last year and I've always been impressed with their work. #notgettingpaidforthis

The story with tints is (somewhat) interesting. From the factory, the front windows actually have a green tint and the rears have a blue tint. When getting tints, apparently the fronts allow you to "legally" have minimum 35% light getting through and the rears 20%. Due to the privacy glass, the rears are around 25% already so if you wanted to match the same shade on the front you'd be under the 35% and not be legal. I opted for a slightly darker shade on the front compared to factory. Some guys like having the exact same shade front and back, but as the standard cars come with different shades front and back anyway it doesn't bother me. [I]Riveting, I know.
            Must be the day for it, just finished applying a DIY ceramic coat (x2 coats actually) after a quick home paint correction. Results are nothing short of amazing, cant look at the car in sunlight without sunglasses now lol

Biggest improvement is the roof wrap, stock honestly they look a bit shit with it matt in some places and semi gloss in others. few coats over and now looks fricking awesome (and how it should have from factory).

Comment

Yep, the roof on mine definitely looks better as well.

Comment

wow!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toms...yota-yaris-gr/

Click image for larger version  Name:	CC27123E-F25D-46CA-9FA8-FB296B695971.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	7219628
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Oh my, id have a slice of that pie!

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Must be the day for it, just finished applying a DIY ceramic coat (x2 coats actually) after a quick home paint correction. Results are nothing short of amazing, cant look at the car in sunlight without sunglasses now lol

Biggest improvement is the roof wrap, stock honestly they look a bit shit with it matt in some places and semi gloss in others. few coats over and now looks fricking awesome (and how it should have from factory).
                    what product did you use?

Dr Hoon

Comment

what product did you use?
                      Armor Shield XI DIY kit. Wasn't going to bother with a ceramic coat but for for $60 its pretty decent bang for buck with decent non paid consumer reviews out there. As above its worth it for the roof wrap alone. Plenty of discount codes out there so dont pay RRP.

Paint correction wise the paint is fantastic off the showroom floor with very very few scratches/micro scratches and no swirls under fluros. Didn't need much work at all to prepare. My tip would be if you're planning on DIY get onto it ASAP because the factory base is fantastic (mine was sub 1 week old when coated).

Comment

Thanks. Better than $800 for some one else to do it.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Thanks. Better than $800 for some one else to do it.
                          More money for mods . Time wise around 6hrs total to pre wash, paint correct and apply ceramic (split over 2 days).

Comment

Is it me, or in person do they look like they have 4wd ride height?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_fahrquhar View Post
                              Is it me, or in person do they look like they have 4wd ride height?
                              It's not u

Comment

they are tall for a hatch.

It was a big part of the reason I went for one. Low cars suck balls day to day.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Working...
                                X