Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord_fahrquhar View Post
    Is it me, or in person do they look like they have 4wd ride height?
    It is you :-) but I guess if someone is into "slammed" look any suspension travel is too much. I can see few people on FB groups commenting how it needs to be more low - I prefer my suspension to work. As for numbers i measured from tyre to guard F/R Yaris is 80/60mm and my 4wd is 180/200.

Comment

Talking of which I've been quoted on H&R 35mm lowered springs. $550

Reckon 35mm would be just about perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
        Talking of which I've been quoted on H&R 35mm lowered springs. $550

Reckon 35mm would be just about perfect.
        Agreed. even in red,😉, 35mm looks about right to me.

Attached Files

Comment

Finally saw a couple at a bit of a speed event I went to on the weekend. The car does look a bit high, but then everything is these days compared with old 70s stuff.

For me the red one looked much more interesting than the white. The rear wheel guard bulges were also less obvious in the flesh. I guess photographers have been choosing their angles carefully to make them look hunky and cool rather than vaguely SUV like. At least there is a good angle, not so much with the Fiesta...

They seemed to get up and go rather well, but made no noise at all really other than a gentle wooshing similar to my tuneless sounding Fiesta ST triple. (inside is different with some kind of radio speaker fed quasi V6 sound effect)(in the Fiesta that is)

For me the introductory price is the right price.

Still concerned they won't be as much fun to drive as a less capable chassis but that could be said of many car types. It's personal taste I guess. The Golf R is incredibly capable and well made but is singularly the most boring car I have ever driven (note - 'I have driven', others obviously love them).

They look like a lot of car and performance for $40k but getting closer to $60k for the fancy one at the new dearer price seems like a dream. Folk are buying them though, spoke to an older guy who has 2 on order, 1 of each spec...

Had fun in my Fiesta and don't mind that I jumped in impatiently rather than waiting for the nebulous GR. Probably a second or so slower around the layouts on the weekend that most were taking 42 - 46 seconds but a lot of fun and challenging to get the car 'round in a decent time. I'm guessing the Yaris is more of a 'controlled' affair (to get a quick time).

On another note, went for a passenger ride in the current Supra on same course driven by skilled owner and was impressed!

Comment

From the comparisons and reviews, there is definitely a difference between driving styles of the Fiesta and GR. You know what the Fiesta is like, but without touching the controls in the GR, I don't think you can assume what its like to drive. While I've only been on a relatively short test drive (my car arrives in 2.5 weeks), I could tell that it was seriously engaging, very fast and lots of fun. The reports of owners that have driven a few thousand km's is basically the same, except it just gets better as you drive it more. Also, the exhaust does sound shit, but the enhanced noise on the inside is kind of cool, some people have turned it off (Carista app), but most of those have said its better when left on.

It's not on its nose on turn in like a Fiesta and the back doesn't yeet a wheel up but its still super engaging, even in the Normal mode. In Sport (30/70) Unfortunately the standard tyres on the version thats out now are a bit shit and the cars is let down by them, so most people are finding they are the limiting factor on sprints, motorkhana etc. The michelin PS4S aren't out in the right size yet so people are putting other tyres on and making a huge difference.

Hope that helps you to understand the value of the car. You should have tried at least to get in the passenger seat of the Yaris, at least you can see what its like from the inside!
            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Ok which one of you was this haha
              Attached Files
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Not me (but old mate knocked off my plate idea and so i like to give him shit about it)

Posts a lot on the FB group. nice bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                  From the comparisons and reviews, there is definitely a difference between driving styles of the Fiesta and GR. You know what the Fiesta is like, but without touching the controls in the GR, I don't think you can assume what its like to drive. While I've only been on a relatively short test drive (my car arrives in 2.5 weeks), I could tell that it was seriously engaging, very fast and lots of fun. The reports of owners that have driven a few thousand km's is basically the same, except it just gets better as you drive it more. Also, the exhaust does sound shit, but the enhanced noise on the inside is kind of cool, some people have turned it off (Carista app), but most of those have said its better when left on.

It's not on its nose on turn in like a Fiesta and the back doesn't yeet a wheel up but its still super engaging, even in the Normal mode. In Sport (30/70) Unfortunately the standard tyres on the version thats out now are a bit shit and the cars is let down by them, so most people are finding they are the limiting factor on sprints, motorkhana etc. The michelin PS4S aren't out in the right size yet so people are putting other tyres on and making a huge difference.

Hope that helps you to understand the value of the car. You should have tried at least to get in the passenger seat of the Yaris, at least you can see what its like from the inside!
                  Hey it's just my opinion which has nil value. I'm pretty sure they are an enjoyable drive. Tyre wise at least one Yaris on the weekend had semi slicks. I have little doubt its a very serious chassis compared with the fairly 'loose' and old school Fiesta.

Comment

Man that comparison of the ride height really shows how much better it looks slightly lower.
                    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Have a price from H&R for the spring kit. $495 (via sea freight or an extra $80 for air freight for a month or 2 earlier) then $20 local delivery if you cant pickup in Syd.

Asked if they would be captive within stock struts, apparently TUV approved so no doubt they would.

Overseas production starts in 2 weeks - I've ordered a set (and didn't have to pay upfront which was nice).

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
                        Have a price from H&R for the spring kit. $495 (via sea freight or an extra $80 for air freight for a month or 2 earlier) then $20 local delivery if you cant pickup in Syd.

Asked if they would be captive within stock struts, apparently TUV approved so no doubt they would.

Overseas production starts in 2 weeks - I've ordered a set (and didn't have to pay upfront which was nice).
                        Hmm, tempting indeed

Comment

https://classicthrottleshop.com/2020...-feverish-red/

Comment

Well,.would.you expect anything different from them????

Comment

Fuck you'd have to be a bit of a sucker to buy a GR version for more than you can get a Rallye surely!
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I cancelled my 40k yaris and have since bought a mk6 golf gti as a daily and a rally prepped 86 for skids and fun. I figure the golf is a better daily with 4 doors and a better seating position and the sorted 86, even though a bit gutless is more fun on the limit.
                                I figured the yaris needed another 8-10k in diffs and tyres to be complete and this way I don't have to deal with the incompetent sales fuckers at my local Toyota dealership. I could have gone through with the yaris purchase and spun a quick profit but it wouldn't have felt right. No regrets
                                Evo VIII MR

Comment

Working...
                                X