Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's be fair here.

Evo 4-6's could do 12s out the box, and 11s with dump and upped boost.

still would like a yaris though
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Comment

hawkins through a full exhaust on his, sounds literally like a charade with a bankstown mufflers drainpipe on it lol.

Maybe a little better, but not amazing.

Comment

Pffft - I reckon even my old shitbox would run a 12 and it's 50+ yrs old.
        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
          let's be fair here.

Evo 4-6's could do 12s out the box, and 11s with dump and upped boost.

still would like a yaris though
          I can't remember, but were they $40k? Especially in current money? I seem to remember they were at least $50k in late 90's-early 2000's money.
          Even at full retail at $53k, it doesn't really compare in current value.
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Evo 8's were 62k
            Evo VI TMR's were 80k

different ball game I think.

a $5k rexy with dump, tune and some e85 will do the same thing, but no one wants a rexy. Oh wait...

Comment

Yeah EVO 6 TME was low volume import through ralliart so can't really compare.
              If in doubt power out

Comment

IIRC the evo 10 I nearly bought was 60K. Saying that it seems wrong

quick google says 73k

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Pretty sure the original comment was around Evo 4-6 which weren’t even available in Aus new (except TME obviously).
                  So yeh, the point is made. Stock car, $40k, 12.7 1/4 (I know it was done overseas, 13.2 1/4 for stock Aus car).

Comment

Can any owners comment on the ground clearance? I have a steep driveway with a harsh gutter at the bottom. I know the overhangs are small, but that chin is pretty hard looking.

For comparison a Corolla and my 6 MPS scrape a little (not the body, just the plastic undertray thing.

Comment

It's a rally car, you'll be fine......

Comment

its no triumph speed triple, but it sounds ok. bov sounds stupid.. welcome to 1999
                        Last edited by burn is weird; 26-02-21, 12:50 PM.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Heroin View Post
                          Can any owners comment on the ground clearance? I have a steep driveway with a harsh gutter at the bottom. I know the overhangs are small, but that chin is pretty hard looking.

For comparison a Corolla and my 6 MPS scrape a little (not the body, just the plastic undertray thing.
                          I had to drive up a full angled gutter the other day and didn't hit it. I've also driven up to and over the cement blocks and gutters in shopping car parks and not hit or scraped. Unsure how the combo of harsh gutter and steep driveway would work though...

Comment

The loss of noise from spinny muffler is made up for by Chu Chu noises then.....

If you're up it it should sound pretty spanky anyways.....

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I had to drive up a full angled gutter the other day and didn't hit it. I've also driven up to and over the cement blocks and gutters in shopping car parks and not hit or scraped. Unsure how the combo of harsh gutter and steep driveway would work though...
                              Thanks Kev.

Comment

No issues with ground clearance here either. Even up a rocky farm driveway the other day.

Old mate the olive farmer didn't know quite what to make of the car.
                                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                                X