No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also had a 3rd person ask about selling it too.

yeah, nah dude. Not a chance.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Started the teardown on ours finally. Found one interesting thing so far- a big fuck off weight on the shift linkage which I assume is to provide shifter feel (black powdercoated iron slab). Didn't get a chance to try it on and off yet as we were a bit short on time but I found it interesting

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0859.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	7231015

Comment

lots of transverse Toyota manual boxes have a weighted linkage like that

Comment

There you go! I don’t spend a lot of time on FWD cars

Comment

I'm interested to see what Lotus do with the box the GR uses in the Evora in terms of linkages, but I'd guess it's similar

Edit: same setup in the lotus
            Last edited by jasonp1977; 26-02-21, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
              I'm interested to see what Lotus do with the box the GR uses in the Evora in terms of linkages, but I'd guess it's similar
              actually. will lotus use this engine in some of their cars? that could be cool.
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

actually. will lotus use this engine in some of their cars? that could be cool.
                Unikely, I think Lotus (Geely) have indicated it’s electric only going forwards.

I agree though, it would be a great motor for a flyweight Lotus.

Comment

most fwd boxes use a weighted linkage like that, it’s pretty standard

Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Heroin View Post

Unikely, I think Lotus (Geely) have indicated it’s electric only going forwards.

I agree though, it would be a great motor for a flyweight Lotus.
                    The 2022 range of Lotus will still be IC engined but no announcement on sourcing. Everyone just assumes Geely/Volvo but the recent deal with Renault could hint at something else.

However, I agree an engine from the GR Yaris could be a good fit for Lotus and keep weight down. Turbos in rear engined cars are a bit of a nightmare for cooling though.
                    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

The weight is a lot bigger in the GR but yes, they are very similar

Comment

I’m basically supercar blondie but for transverse engines it seems

Comment

So take it up the ass from your sponsors?

kidding.

Comment

I meant that I’ve proved myself and idiot but I do need a mag drill..

Comment

Transverse-Engine-Car Blondie back again (it’s funny because I’m blonde and I look like a man) with a photo of the intake ports. Respectable entry and lots of valve visible
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	43C71268-34A5-4378-8B11-E91F91048AFD.jpeg
Views:	459
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	7231865

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_fahrquhar View Post
                                So take it up the ass from your sponsors?

kidding.
                                LukeVl is sponsored by Arabs ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Working...
                                X