No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol the port looks way oversize, but I guess fill with boost = problem solved.

Comment

Bought some wheels and tyres for the GR this week. Couldn't find anything i loved so went with some Koya SF13 in satin black as below. Decided to go 18x9+38 and have some 255/35 A052's to go on.
      Now just have to wait until later in April for the car to arrive. Really excited to get this thing on the local tracks and see how it compares to my previous Evo's.

Comment

What other mods are planned? Rallye yeah? Lakeside first up yeet!

Comment

This is a $39,990 jigger coming through in April. Ordered a Rallye too, not one of the first 200 so will have to see if Toyota can secure more production. Not sure on mods at this stage. Maybe exhaust and tune once the ECU is cracked and coilovers.
          Id love to get out to Morgan Park again but yeah lakeside/QR first up.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan1 View Post
            This is a $39,990 jigger coming through in April. Ordered a Rallye too, not one of the first 200 so will have to see if Toyota can secure more production. Not sure on mods at this stage. Maybe exhaust and tune once the ECU is cracked and coilovers.
            Id love to get out to Morgan Park again but yeah lakeside/QR first up.
            I'll be at Lakeside when you run. And have the hoist 10mins away to fix it once it touches the barrier

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

I'll be at Lakeside when you run. And have the hoist 10mins away to fix it once it touches the barrier
              Do you do ceramic paint protection?

Comment

Fuck me GR owners and their paint protection..

Comment

Anyone got as hook up for it in Melbourne? I think mine being red, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Also, can some one post a pic of the rear end from underneath?
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                      Fuck me GR owners and their paint protection..
                      At least its not an orange wrap
                      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

At least its not an orange wrap
                        Touche` haha
                        Originally posted by The Property Guru
                        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                        Originally posted by oxy
                        No, that's asians
                        A80 Supra
                        80 Landcruiser

Comment

Hillclimb this weekend if the missus isn't too mad at me for buying another motorbike.

Have run this layout in my ignis, wonder how stockie yaris will compare.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                          VF2 Redline Ute
                          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

pretty good I'd say. I've got to wait until may 2nd for round 1 of the khana series local to me.

I am noticing that I am scuffing up the trim a little getting the seat belt on which is annoying.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Should do well in both khana and hillclimb. Don't think I've seen anyone report on hillclimbs but the combination of bulk grip and decent power should make it run pretty fast.
                              Stock tyres are going to be the let down for both disciplines though.
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Stock clutch will be more of an issue than tyres IMO.

Stock clutch doesn't like repeated hard launches. I mean really doesn't. Slipped like a mother fucker on the 2nd. Stunk like fuck for hours.

I've noticed if you haven't touched the TC button, it will only rev to ~ 4k with the clutch pedal down. TC off and it revs to the limiter.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Working...
                                X