Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
    Stock clutch will be more of an issue than tyres IMO.

Stock clutch doesn't like repeated hard launches. I mean really doesn't. Slipped like a mother fucker on the 2nd. Stunk like fuck for hours.

I've noticed if you haven't touched the TC button, it will only rev to ~ 4k with the clutch pedal down. TC off and it revs to the limiter.
    This is the kind of car reviews we need 10/10

Comment

I've assumed that the clutch (like on the jap 1 tonners I've owned) is specced that way to protect the drive train.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Fairly sure when I was trying shit out that only in Sport and Track does the soft limiter disappear when you turn TCS off. Surprised the shit out of me how quick it revs around to redline without the limiter.

Also, did some testing of the Auto Stop/Start. In Sport mode it won't turn off when stopped even if you don't touch the button. In Track it will turn off and normal always turns off too.

Last interesting point, drove into work yesterday, 16.7km. Lots of stop start traffic and left the auto stop/start on the whole trip (fuck it was pissing me off by the end of the trip). I also didn't get up it at all, was a boring drive but there you go. Avg consumption for the trip was 9.7L/100km. Would have been better (maybe 8.5-9.0) except for the crawling trip in 1st up Red Hill (a long up hill section about 2km long, shit loads of traffic). The auto stop/start definitely made a difference to the economy.

Next time I head in I'm going to turn off the stop/start and drive in a similar way.
        Time after that I'll have periods of driving like a dickhead.

I'm absolutely positive that when its thrashed you can watch the gauge move, it sucks down more petrol than our indigenous friends...
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

My clutch loves abuse but car only has 2k on it.

My launch method is sidestep at 5500, was getting 1.88 60ft on no prep concrete strip in the heat.

When I first got it, there was some smells but now it's ok. Sounds like that could be short lived?

I think what will hurt me on track is the "loose" low speed damping. Not so much on the braking but for the undulations. Feels unsettling.

Agree with the trim scuffs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
          VF2 Redline Ute
          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

it sucks down more petrol than our indigenous friends...
            Wow!

PS. I think they mainly sniff the sweet sweet fumes...

Comment

mine is averaging 8.8 inc a bit of thrashing. 110 fwy is ¬ 6ish
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                mine is averaging 8.8 inc a bit of thrashing. 110 fwy is ¬ 6ish
                Thats pretty decent. I've done very little highway driving (maybe 50k's all up) and avg is 10.8 I think.

Had the first complimentary checkup/service today. Didn't need anything and all checked out fine. Up to 1220km's in just over 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                  I’m basically supercar blondie but for transverse engines it seems
                  Goiys check this out, it's a front wheel drive car that costs FOUR

HUNDERD

BILLION

DIRHAM!

Comment

Saw rallye today.

Pearl white looks v nice.

VF2 Redline Ute
                    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Roof looks way better without the oem $2 eBay cf wrap on it
                      Attached Files
                      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Yeah the roof is the fucking dumbest thing

VF2 Redline Ute
                        E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Toyota GR Yaris Races Old-School Mitsubishi EVO VI Tommi Makinen Edition

https://www.emanualonline.com/blog/t...kinen-edition/

Cliffs: EVO took the victory in the rolling race. Yaris performed better than the EVO in the braking test. Yaris finished just ahead of the EVO in the drag

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                            Toyota GR Yaris Races Old-School Mitsubishi EVO VI Tommi Makinen Edition

https://www.emanualonline.com/blog/t...kinen-edition/

Cliffs: EVO took the victory in the rolling race. Yaris performed better than the EVO in the braking test. Yaris finished just ahead of the EVO in the drag
                            More cliffs. Neither driver can drive very well at all, especially the unit in the evo.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                              Roof looks way better without the oem $2 eBay cf wrap on it
                              Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                              Yeah the roof is the fucking dumbest thing
                              Do they have a wrap on the CF roof?

Thats pretty darn cool.

The reason for the painting and covering of some OEM CF is the glues tend to fail due to UV light. Maybe the GR Yaris has that type of glue (epoxy) in it's CF?

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

I like the look of the stock roof *shrugs*

Dr Hoon

Comment

Working...
                                X