X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Do they have a wrap on the CF roof?

Thats pretty darn cool.

The reason for the painting and covering of some OEM CF is the glues tend to fail due to UV light. Maybe the GR Yaris has that type of glue (epoxy) in it's CF?
    I would hope that’s the case because it looks amazing and exotic without the covering.
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

It’s CFRP so actually looks more like a marble kitchen bench than anything else. Covered with vinyl due to that being cheaper and faster than having multiple layers of clear needed to protect it. Some people have also said it will eventually go milky in the sun no matter what you do.
      Im indecisive on the wrap but prefer it to the other option.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Here is the roof that Leading Edge Car Detailing are coating and PPFing. Like I said, kitchen benchtop...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	83CF817A-7773-4588-9AE2-1F0C34E8B7DB.jpeg
Views:	951
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	7235765

Comment

Yep same finish as the lips on some of the huracans, they didn’t wrap theirs though (maybe lambo give no fucks if it goes milky!).

Comment

Drove hillclimb today.

Slightly faster than mildly modded suzuki ignis on rs4. 63.59 Bryant park clockwise figure 8 for those of you curious.

Boaty. Outside front tyre shoulder is unhappy. Does go hard when you point it straight.

Can't get it to rotate, push understeer on demand. 30/70 split preferred for this track.

Camber and rear diff would be a start.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
            VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Ok so was it one of you lads here I gave a thumbs up to at Carindale in the carpark near the top food court lol. AGR04 iirc..

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                Yep same finish as the lips on some of the huracans, they didn’t wrap theirs though (maybe lambo give no fucks if it goes milky!).
                it looks exactly like what Lamborghini calls “forged composites” and charges you $2000/sq cm for

which is ok because no doubt Ferrari have the same thing except they would charge $5000
                Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 14-03-21, 07:30 PM.
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

it looks exactly like what Lamborghini calls “forged composites” and charges you $2000/sq cm for

which is ok because no doubt Ferrari have the same thing except they would charge $5000
                  Absolutely
                  looks exotic as hell on the Yaris, just a shame it can’t be left exposed!
                  i’d leave it exposed and treat it, if it goes milky, slap
                  the wrap back on
                  Last edited by clutch-monkey; 14-03-21, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I see Rob Mitchell lunched his motor with a 5 th to 2nd downshift at the Ring..oops..

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

I can't angle a gopro at all, but this was my best run of the day yesterday.

2nd fastest "tin top" behind a ek civic vtir on Hoosier a7 and some tasty parts.

Inside shoulder of front tyre was stone cold after each run.

WTB camber.

https://youtu.be/y9pwBKfEuoA

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                      VF2 Redline Ute
                      E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                        I see Rob Mitchell lunched his motor with a 5 th to 2nd downshift at the Ring..oops..
                        Yeh, looks like it has broken the valve spring, collar and the rocker arm. Looking forward to when they take the head off to see if there is any damage on the pistons and in the bores.
                        Ouch indeed. They'd be gutted I reckon, would be missing out on lots of revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                          I can't angle a gopro at all, but this was my best run of the day yesterday.

2nd fastest "tin top" behind a ek civic vtir on Hoosier a7 and some tasty parts.

Inside shoulder of front tyre was stone cold after each run.

WTB camber.

https://youtu.be/y9pwBKfEuoA

lol @ third gear

Comment

Photos don't really do it justice but found myself with a few hours spare on the weekend and thought i'd build a fake rallye.

I guess red does look half decent on a GR after all. Isolated to 1 spot that is

Comment

At least you didn't paint them bright green....where is bahaimus anyway.
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                                At least you didn't paint them bright green....where is bahaimus anyway.
                                I don't have bright green calipers anymore after a mishap on Saturday.

Returning soon in safety red as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X