No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude on the FB group painted the standard calipers bright green and also put a Brembo sticker on.
    Slight fuckup, they aren't Brembo's, they are made by Advics.

His car was recently hit by a truck, there was just has much concern for his "Brembo's" than for him or his car

So many dickheads.
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
      I can't angle a gopro at all, but this was my best run of the day yesterday.

2nd fastest "tin top" behind a ek civic vtir on Hoosier a7 and some tasty parts.

Inside shoulder of front tyre was stone cold after each run.

WTB camber.

https://youtu.be/y9pwBKfEuoA

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
      heavy breathing intensifies, dat exhale at the end doe....

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
        Photos don't really do it justice but found myself with a few hours spare on the weekend and thought i'd build a fake rallye.

I guess red does look half decent on a GR after all. Isolated to 1 spot that is
        I am also doing a fake Rallye , installing brake ducts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yarisduct1.jpeg
Views:	447
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	7236236

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

I am also doing a fake Rallye , installing brake ducts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yarisduct1.jpeg
Views:	447
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	7236236

Job is actually pretty easy hey. I'm sure the ducts aren't required but blocked off holes look dumb

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
          VF2 Redline Ute
          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

People have said you get even more brake dust down the side of the car with the ducts in. Fuck that, the dust is bad enough as it is.
            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Anyone got a lsd or 2 as yet?
              Or looked seriously into it?

Comment

Originally posted by bb671 View Post
                Anyone got a lsd or 2 as yet?
                Or looked seriously into it?
                I'm considering rear diff before coilovers.

VF2 Redline Ute
                E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Wish you could hear this from the driver seat.

https://youtu.be/Zg6kbAOXhP0

VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Seen shitloads of these now, including 4 competing at an autocross on the weekend. Contrary to Yarisfag (tm) opinion, I reckon the red is a fucking cracker of a colour for them. Even more so as nearly all of them seem to be appliance white or black.
                    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                      People have said you get even more brake dust down the side of the car with the ducts in. Fuck that, the dust is bad enough as it is.
                      People say lot of things , I haven't noticed any difference . Wheels are getting very dusty but no issues down the side of the car. Maybe because mine is ceramic coated ?

Comment

I've only noticed brake dust on the rims.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Red local one here too. There is a mechanic nearby on the corner that traditionally owned/serviced BMWs. Never saw him driving into and around my suburb. Clearly enjoys the GR Yaris at sedate speeds to make an exception.

Comment

Might be a few more damaged yaris out there.

VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

I'd personally expected to see more crashed so far, but it's not surprising to see a bunch with broken motors from people that mess up a downshift. Same thing happened when the 86's were new, only a heap more were crashing those from new. Now I cast my mind back, a lot of people used to destroy valvetrains in the ZZE123 corolla's when they were new with mis-shifts too, used to be $11K for a long motor swap for those from Toyota
                              Last edited by jasonp1977; 16-03-21, 03:42 PM.

Comment

More 86's crashed as different price bracket and hence market. Surprised at the "miss shifts" stuff, is it related to the throw of the stick/gearbox spacing or are there just a lot of shit cunts who can't drive manuals very well?
                                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X