Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty sure my 86 was also close to 40K on the road back in 2012 :p

But I'd say there's a lot of people that aren't used to the close gate shift

Comment

this is all user-error surely

new car, short shift, likely to be driven in anger - ticks all the boxes
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Synchros too good. Surely you would hear/feel it?

Comment

I did this in my uncles shit box column shift Rodeo about 20 years ago on the freeway. Went from a high gear back to second and compression locked it at 90.
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Synchros especially into 1st are the best I’ve ever felt.
            From what I’ve seen there are a pretty large number of people who have got one that haven’t driven a manual for a while, heaps probably come from euro vag cars.
            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Another video re broken engine.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                Surprised at the "miss shifts" stuff, is it related to the throw of the stick/gearbox spacing or are there just a lot of shit cunts who can't drive manuals very well?
                This was my exact thought...that gate must be ultra close to go into 1st instead of 3rd.

Whats the chances of damage tp the GB too, when this happens?

Comment

The gearbox is very strong, I've seen the ends of the driveshafts twist/deform but not any gear/fork breakages yet

Comment

I remember doing an angry 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd shift in a 1275 Mini, the thing just about stood on its nose

i think the box counter gear hated life at that point but no damage as far as i could tell
                    Originally posted by Jim
                    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                      Another video re broken engine.
                      trunnion upgrade kit when?
                      GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                      VF2 Redline Ute
                      E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

dick head should have pressed the IMT button
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

so sr20 Lyf yeah? rocker stoppers in 3....2.....1
                          I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                          WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                          robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

So Rally of Canberra is coming up in a couple of weeks and Neal Bates has 2 GR Yaris AP4’s entered. Anyone seen any testing videos?

Comment

That's a.......bold username.

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
                                That's a.......bold username.
                                After some through investigative work, thats Daveee.

And no, I've not seen any videos. Last thing posted by them was a pic with Harry in the car. https://www.facebook.com/HarryBatesR...67919323523340. Its coming along but still a bit to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X