Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    I remember doing an angry 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd shift in a 1275 Mini, the thing just about stood on its nose

i think the box counter gear hated life at that point but no damage as far as i could tell
    I did a 4th into 3rd instead of 5th highway racing a mate. This was in an SR20, as you can imagine similar result to the yarris.
    Get your hands off my penis!

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      I remember doing an angry 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd shift in a 1275 Mini, the thing just about stood on its nose

i think the box counter gear hated life at that point but no damage as far as i could tell
      Lucky. Minis hate being shifted from 2nd to 3rd at the best of times.

Mine has a quickshifter as well, on a stock gearbox. You can just mash cogs with greater ferocity.

Comment

Can confirm that tc off, is actually tc off.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

^^^ this is awesome. I fkn hate when tc “off” is we will cut you a little more slack but intervene if we feel it’s getting away from you. I’m definitely getting old and grumpy. Drove the no pics M2 comp (humblebrag) and the e diff really gives me the shits. Just unpredictable. Seems to be open and then lock a bit and the arse gets an odd wiggle. Just give me a proper plated or Torsen diff. Love the fact that the GR’s seem to have tried to keep this stripped back. Manual box. Proper handbrake that unlocks the awd and proper OFF electronic talent. Be interesting to hear more about the track focussed one with the diffs etc.

Comment

yup, all 4 wheels spinning across the lawn at work this morning. Did smile.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

To confirm, one press of TC in track or sport will just turn traction control off, but stability control will stay on, but reduced. You need to hold down TCS button for 3 sec (when stopped, I didn't know about that bit) to fully turn off all assistance. Some good info from page 184 of the manual. Would recommend to RTFM.
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

I held the button for the 3 sec in normal mode and it was spin city.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Whiteline parts have been released. https://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segu...e=YARIS+XP+AWD
                  Also seems like some Rallye's have been shipped. Someone posted up one in a port holding yard but the post has been removed now.

Comment

We had the rallye doing a media day / filming for ad at the local track 2 weeks ago. So they're definitely about.

There is also a table in the manual that says what electronic helpers are active in which mode

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                    VF2 Redline Ute
                    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Comment

What about that Peterbuilt behind it !!
                        Originally posted by The Property Guru
                        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                        Originally posted by oxy
                        No, that's asians
                        A80 Supra
                        80 Landcruiser

Comment

First really delayed due to weather etc, now next weekend.

Looks good on the dirt thats for sure.
                          Last edited by 23Kev; 24-03-21, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                            What about that Peterbuilt behind it !!
                            Clearly Neil Bates has too much money
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

That sounds mint.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Armor Shield XI DIY kit. Wasn't going to bother with a ceramic coat but for for $60 its pretty decent bang for buck with decent non paid consumer reviews out there. As above its worth it for the roof wrap alone. Plenty of discount codes out there so dont pay RRP.

Paint correction wise the paint is fantastic off the showroom floor with very very few scratches/micro scratches and no swirls under fluros. Didn't need much work at all to prepare. My tip would be if you're planning on DIY get onto it ASAP because the factory base is fantastic (mine was sub 1 week old when coated).
                                Where did you find a promo code?

A quick google seems to be all spam type stuff.

Their site also tells me I need 2 bottles for two coats. Would that be right?

Dr Hoon

Comment

Working...
                                X