No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehh, in a normal 4wd system you need to maintain exactly the same rolling diameter front to rear because a difference in speeds fucks the centre diff so if theyve deliberately done it differently i reckon it was for a reason... or maybe the difference doesnt matter because they dont have a centre diff with this setup. anyways i'm talking in circles now lol
    Last edited by trdee; 22-01-20, 12:52 PM.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Anyone spoken with a toyota dealer about putting a deposit down?

Comment

I'm waiting for the VNB to be released so it's a bit more formal

Comment

Originally posted by peal View Post
          Toyota has not said anything about them to dealers yet, but i guess that did not stop Toyota dealers taking depoists for Supra's and then having to refund them lol.
          CISCOKIDS
          The Gentlemen's Club
          Midnight Rocker

Comment

23Kev did a couple of pages ago and despite the dealer never having heard of the car after some quick research said they took his deposit. Can't do any harm to go to your local dealer and ask.

Comment

The ratio difference with clutch coupling is very similar to focus RS, it is done to get more tail happy dynamics without the drive losses of conventional centre lsd.

Anyone know if bellhousing pattern will match the V6? In theory you could run double the power (probably a touch more if the newer 3 cyl is cammed for lower peak power rpm) for the same peak clutch/gear impulse load with double the cylinders. 350kw atw wouldn't be something to sneeze at.

Comment

hahaha not even out yet and already talking engine swaps
                Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

As mentioned I have put a very small amount down to a dealer I know well to make sure I get in super early. I doubt other dealers will do it. He said that he should really wait for a stock code before taking anything substantial. Once stock codes come in I’ll make it official.
                  I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Toyota GR Yaris CVT revealed: Same show, less go for automatic warm hatch

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/toyota-gr-yaris-cvt-revealed-same-show-less-go-for-automatic-warm-hatch-77750

If you like your hot hatches with a little more show than go then Toyota might just have the answer for you, with the Japanese giant quietly revealing the GR Yaris CVT concept at the Tokyo Auto Salon.
                    The Yaris CVT appears to match the look of the hardcore GR hot hatch - complete with bespoke three-door body style, flared guards and lightweight materials - but swaps the fire-breathing turbocharged engine for a naturally aspirated 1.5-litre engine.
                    According to international reports, you can expect a not-particularly-pulse-quickening 88kW and 145Nm. That power is fed through a CVT automatic (remember, the GR Yaris is manual only) and sent on to the front wheels, rather than to all four tyres like its bigger, badder brother.
                    What we're talking about, then, is a car that looks a lot like a GR Yaris, but that also misses out on most of that car's coolest features.
                    Most, but not all. The CVT concept does get the GR Yaris' lightweight aluminium body panels, and its carbon fibre weave roof. And combined with the fact it has three doors rather than five, it does promise to be substantially lighter than its road-going cousin, plus it adds double wishbone suspension at the rear.

Comment

Yay, I've been waiting for that announcement!
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Announcement that Australia is only getting the CVT 1.5L NA version in 3, 2, 1....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                          Announcement that Australia is only getting the CVT 1.5L NA version in 3, 2, 1....
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	0 Size:	622.3 KB ID:	7107867
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	517
Size:	659.3 KB
ID:	7107868

I'll stop now....
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                            And retail for $50k

Comment

Makes sense.. pump out the shitbox ones on the same platform to lower production costs per vehicle

Would piss me off if i was buying the proper one though

Comment

Really?
                                Surely if you’re buying a fast Yaris, it’s not to impress others, but purely for your own fun?
                                If some more volume makes it more affordable - Fuck Yeah!
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X