Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skip to ~850

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Interesting watching the Chris Harris Top Gear segment, and considering his pricing comments compared to what we get charged for things here.

He was talking about the Fiesta ST being ... I think it was "14k" less than the "33k" Yaris, and that price-comparison is pretty close here.
      "For 2k less you can get a Civic R" ... which is about 7%-ish cheaper, whereas here Civic R is 10% more exxy.
      "Same price as an AMG A35" was the eyebrow-raiser for me, they're $71k+ORC here if you deduct the LCT, Benz definitely reams us for those ... you can tell Aus is an easy-sell for AMG's.
      Last edited by Captiva Fan; 07-04-21, 12:36 PM.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

It's a really hard car to compare to. Golf R is kind of close but much nicer inside but not as involving drive, Fiesta ST is pretty slow but just as nice to drive. Civic Type R would be the closest for involvement (some say better, some say worse), price, pretty close but a nicer interior place to be.

Got myself a helmet so just have to book my spot for a couple of weekend's time for the Khanacross. Looking forward to it. Should be a hell of a long weekend, got a BBQ with friends on Sunday (Anzac Day), Khanacross on Monday (public holiday) and a free, mandated, company wide day off on Tuesday for mental health.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
          "Same price as an AMG A35" was the eyebrow-raiser for me, they're $71k+ORC here if you deduct the LCT, Benz definitely reams us for those ... you can tell Aus is an easy-sell for AMG's.
          Don't we (Australia) as a percentage of sales buy more AMG's then anywhere else in the world? So makes sense Merc Aus screws us for the privilege.

Comment

nothing to add other than i got to drive one today and i thought it was titz and wanted to hi five myself
            www.holditflat.com

Comment

Chucked on some 9.5" Wedssports and 255/35 Zestino semis. 600g penalty a corner over stock. I thought it gripped before.....fk me.

Stock height which doesn't look terrible but have some H&R 35mm springs coming from UK.

Looking under the car id be pretty confident with the right offset you'd easily get a 10" rim front and back & 265 with no changes.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
                Chucked on some 9.5" Wedssports and 255/35 Zestino semis. 600g penalty a corner over stock. I thought it gripped before.....fk me.

Stock height which doesn't look terrible but have some H&R 35mm springs coming from UK.

Looking under the car id be pretty confident with the right offset you'd easily get a 10" rim front and back & 265 with no changes.
                What offset are the wheels ? It is pretty crazy to have 255s on a what is a pretty compact car.

Comment

Hope you like my retard moment on YouTube, engine is still fine. Did get in there and have a good look and nothing suspicious was found.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                    Hope you like my retard moment on YouTube, engine is still fine. Did get in there and have a good look and nothing suspicious was found.

The new over rev video? Claims of 11k? Link

Comment

Ah yeah just found it. I recognise the camera angle and panting 😂

glad motor is ok. Keep us updated if it evolves

Comment

Yeah that's mine.

Had issues with the 2/3 shift at that point on the track all day.

Cars done another event and 1000k of hills driving since and no issue.

VF2 Redline Ute
                        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

What offset are the wheels ? It is pretty crazy to have 255s on a what is a pretty compact car.
                          +38

Comment

He stretched the truth a little with what we spoke about but you expect that on the internet.

VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Looks like more stock coming for delivery 2022..$49.5k + ORC for the regular and 54.5k + ORC for the rallyeye. Not quite sure why you'd order the standard one now though for only 5k less.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/941733/...ushed-to-2022/
                              RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

I have decided the clutch is a POS.

Have a real go and fuck me it stinks.
                                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                                X