No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather the clutch be the weak point than anything else I guess.

Comment

It doesnt have one of those clutch release dampers like the 86 does it? So its hard to do fast changes? Those things suuuuck
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Fuck a dsg conversion would be sick but I could imagine the headache but also a massive market.
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

I think many owners of a car like this (like the Sierra Cosworth / Delta Integrale / Tommy Mak / E30 M3) probably prefer the idea of changing gear manually.

I'm sure the DSG fart lovers would like it though.

Comment

Direct clutch service would be working on a sprung cushion ceramic with a bit more weight by now wouldn't they? Was pleasantly surprised with drivability on the one in my rx7 even when moving to a close ratio box with a tall first.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
              I'd rather the clutch be the weak point than anything else I guess.
              Agreed. It'd be a pretty safe bet if you up rate it, something else will go bang.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I’m glad they’re doing another run.. they’d be mad not to given how popular it is here?
                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                  I’m glad they’re doing another run.. they’d be mad not to given how popular it is here?
                  Even at those prices they're not necessarily pulling big $$$ out of each sale, they probably need the $50k sales to make-up the losses on the $40k sales. It's likely a marketing decision, getting a halo-car on the streets for all to see.
                  Lookit the UK where a GR costs the same as an AU$71k+ORC AMG A35 ...
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                    Those going for the flip, would want to be quick.
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

It's weird though, in the article they're saying demand is high, but there's 48 basically new ones being sold on Carsales etc.
                      Last edited by Nitephyre; 11-04-21, 12:01 PM.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                      Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

From another forum:

one comment I found interesting was that at the driveline installation station the alignments and setups are also done to match the chassis, then the second last station individually confirms suspension setup and alignment. In the video the car on the turntable at the corner actually came out of the set-up rework bay. The comment made is that every GR Yaris that leaves, leaves set up ready to race.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                          It doesnt have one of those clutch release dampers like the 86 does it? So its hard to do fast changes? Those things suuuuck
                          Don't think so, you can bang through the gears if you really want to.

The ones for sale are a mixture of flippers and demos I think. Only reason for them to be sold over 50k is if buyers are impatient as the wait for a new one is now around May 22. Still reports from some dealers saying they can't guarantee stock/delivery on orders placed now. You'd think after 7 months being on sale they'd have their shit sorted.

Alignment comment above is interesting. I've heard reports of alignment being out fairly substantially on some cars. I'm keen to get camber bolts and caster bushes at some stage and will do a before and after align when I do it.
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Well... This is one less in existence now
                            A mate of mine nailed his into a tree at 100kph a couple of weeks ago - he's OK apart from some TBI issues and broken toes. The GR is dead though.
                            I drove the car a few months ago and really enjoyed it, but I was quietly concerned something like this might happen as he's a bit crazy behind the wheel...

Click image for larger version

Name:	165510717_3631686760286462_8631254429763852323_n.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	7243457
                            Classic Auto Fabrications:
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Haven't seen a single one on the roiad yet.

Comment

Ouch ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X