No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was for a dumb cunt like me that untill recently rocked a 20 y.o. commo :D
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
      Ceramic coat makes em look gooderer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	172265639_10222539747894900_7366475903567116945_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=v6W1DqElEOcAX-DHXXk&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=0534cd2b897b076f9041cb89106633b5&oe=609FEC82.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	785.8 KB
ID:	7245053
      Looks fantastic. DIY?

Comment

Yeah, the avalon kit Jon recommend. Was dead easy to do, and I had perfect weather (dry, overcast). I was a bit nervous, but followed directions and it went on easy. From start to finish was ~4 hrs (including 2 bucket was, drying and applying it).

The front end was a bit of a worry due to the amount of little spots that trap water around the grill.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

a yaris did a 1:48 at smsp GP circuit yesterday. same fkn time as my aw11 with 300kw lol. spastic fast for a what i assume was a mostly stock car. iirc it had A050s
          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
            It was for a dumb cunt like me that untill recently rocked a 20 y.o. commo :D
            Don't worry mate I had to show my mother in law that the other day on her Subaru. It was life changing for her also as she used to wave her handbag in front of the door handle and poke around for a while

Comment

It's a handy thing that it knows when the keys are inside the car too.......

Dr Hoon

Comment

booked winton this friday. not sure what to expect except for plenty of push.

car is stock except for hahbib valve. im also fat as fuck which will slow the car down.

motor mag only got a 41.3 so i might get bagged up by hyundai excels but they cost about the same these days.
                GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                VF2 Redline Ute
                E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

A GR with stock power, suspension mods and good tyres has done a 1:05.9 around Wakefield. Seems fairly rapid.
                  RE71RS
                  Camber arms, toe arms, sway bars and a good alignment
                  Elig brake pads
                  No exhaust, filter etc.
                  Not farking bad.
                  I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                    A GR with stock power, suspension mods and good tyres has done a 1:05.9 around Wakefield. Seems fairly rapid.
                    RE71RS
                    Camber arms, toe arms, sway bars and a good alignment
                    Elig brake pads
                    No exhaust, filter etc.
                    Not farking bad.
                    Yeah, Charles from Lamspeed. Crazy time for the limited mods. Quickest Yaris and Echo at Wakefield haha
                    Originally posted by The Property Guru
                    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                    Originally posted by oxy
                    No, that's asians
                    A80 Supra
                    80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post

Yeah, Charles from Lamspeed. Crazy time for the limited mods. Quickest Yaris and Echo at Wakefield haha
                      Charles' car but John Boston driving. Will be super interesting what a Rallye with the same mods can do. Slightly stiffer suspension and diffs should make a small difference but I imagine all of those arms and bushes (and the alignment) have helped them dial out the nose pitching on corner exit which is likely the biggest cause for the inside wheelspin and understeer. Am keen to do similar mods eventually.
                      Its kind of good the ECU is so hard to crack so people are spending more time on suspension mods than just adding more power which would no doubt just make the inherent issues with the car more pronounced... MoTeC will be out in the next week or so which will no doubt change things up.

Comment

Yep correct, Bozz driving it. Charles did a 1.07.9 in it yesterday, but when it was stock he did a 1.13.5. so you can see the massive differemce tyres, brakes and suspension makes.
                        Originally posted by oxy
                        No, that's asians
                        A80 Supra
                        80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                          Yep correct, Bozz driving it. Charles did a 1.07.9 in it yesterday, but when it was stock he did a 1.13.5. so you can see the massive differemce tyres, brakes and suspension makes.
                          be curious how it would go with proper diffs
                          VF2 Redline Ute
                          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post

be curious how it would go with proper diffs
                            Hopefully we find out soon. Surely someone with a Rallye will want to get it out on track and show to us standard owners how much better their car is. Maybe they will be too scared of bringing it out and ruining the future value...

Comment

Hopefully we find out soon. Surely someone with a Rallye will want to get it out on track and show to us standard owners how much better their car is. Maybe they will be too scared of bringing it out and ruining the future value...
                              My friend just picked up his Rallye over the weekend and will track it at Wakefield hopefully soon
                              Originally posted by oxy
                              No, that's asians
                              A80 Supra
                              80 Landcruiser

Comment

we had a test at local circuit, there was a number of seconds difference over a short lap. i think the article will be out in a couple days.

the rallye even looks faster from the outside.

cant believe the fucking country is out of engine oil until early may. very odd.
                                VF2 Redline Ute
                                E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Working...
                                X