No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No oil, really? I was hoping to do a change soon. I've never liked the fact that new cars go 10k km before a change. I have always had it done at around 2000 km.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I thought there was a dealer in Canberra with some plus he mentioned there were ~100 bottles around the country, plus one of the people (Race Division) on the FB group had some to sell.

I'm mostly worried it seems service depts don't know it uses special oil so may potentially use standard toyota oil instead of the good shit. I'll be making sure they put the right shit in and not assuming they know anything.
      Last edited by 23Kev; 20-04-21, 02:32 PM.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Does anyone know the part no: and I'll have a look what's around?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.racedivision.com.au/coll...r-oil-gr-yaris

Comment

GR Engine Oil SN 0W20 C5 5 Litre - Part no. TO08880WA010

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Race division has heaps, well 2 less now.

pity they come in 4 lt cans, and it needs 4.3 liters.

Dr Hoon

Comment

BTW, I believe this offering from Penrite meets the required specs and approvals - 0W20 SP and GF-6A.

https://www.penriteoil.com.au/produc...0w-20-full-syn

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                  GR Engine Oil SN 0W20 C5 5 Litre - Part no. TO08880WA010
                  Viscosity is right, but that states API spec 'SN'; from fairly brief googling the GR Yaris wants API SP or 'SN+'; probably worth double-checking.

Comment

https://parts.philgilberttoyota.com....-to08880wa010/

Dr Hoon

Comment

Originally posted by andy_wk View Post
                      BTW, I believe this offering from Penrite meets the required specs and approvals - 0W20 SP and GF-6A.

https://www.penriteoil.com.au/produc...0w-20-full-syn
                      Having seen truck makers test oil to make sure it is theirs for warranty claims, I'll be using the toyo product until the warranty expires.

Dr Hoon

Comment

0-20 seems fucking thin for something that will get abused on track
                        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

I came up with P/N: 0888084106 and can get my hands on a few $61inc gst each

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                            manufacturers give no fark about oils for track use, 0-weight oils are needed to maximise WLTP emissions and efficiency test results
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                              Agreed. GR Supra specs the same weight but I'm changing to 5w40 Shell Helix Ultra.
                              6L FD3S RX7
                              GR Supra
                              Jeeps JK, CJ7, WK2

Comment

Can't complain about the service, ordered yesterday, and delivered today.

Heading down to the mechanics to get it done this arvo.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Working...
                                X