No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just drove a Yaris Cross, I reckon I'd buy one if it came with the GR4 drivetrain and All terrain tyres.

Comment

After seeing the colour of the oil that came out of mine, I'd suggest a change for every owner. Was pretty bloody black for 1500km ans 8-10 weeks.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Also, the tins they come in are great, no mess at all with the little rubber 'bib'.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

That's Supra oil , GR Yaris oil comes in a can and it is GF6.

Comment

does indeed come in a can.

For a bit of a nub, whats the difference? Both are 0-20.

Dr Hoon

Comment

API SN vs SN+ or SP GF6 , viscosity is the same .

Comment

Serious question, what is the difference?

Dr Hoon

Comment

it’s to do with the amount of Sulphur and other shit in it that is part of what leaves deposits in the engine

Would suggest the hard-to-get-stuff is because it is a lot more refined than the usual Supercheap 0w20 = less Sulphur = less shit, especially for a turbo engine. This is why they can stretch oil changes right out.
                  I went through this same process with trying to find the right oil for the Peugeot, no cunt had it
                  Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 21-04-21, 08:37 PM.
                  Originally posted by Jim
                  I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                  What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                    it’s to do with the amount of Sulphur and other shit in it that is part of what leaves deposits in the engine

Would suggest the hard-to-get-stuff is because it is a lot more refined than the usual Supercheap 0w20 = less Sulphur = less shit, especially for a turbo engine. This is why they can stretch oil changes right out.
                    I went through this same process with trying to find the right oil for the Peugeot, no cunt had it
                    Weight has nothing to do with Sulphur.

SN grade oils can actually be either Low or Mid SAPS.

SN+ vs. SN, the SN+ has some additives that help with Low speed pre-ignition.

Probably a reasonable SN+ option.
                    https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-flu...-05/p/A5440733

Comment

the #W## numbers are also marketing, i.e. bullshit. It's a broad category you can shove your product into and people will have a vague idea its the right thing for their VN. My go-to example is Motul Competition Diff oil 75W140 vs. Nismo Competition Diff oil (by Motul) 75W140, the Nismo oil has 30% higher viscosity at 100°C. If the numbers were exact ratings for oil, Penrite wouldn't have been able to market their "HPR extra ten" bullshit numbers.

I don't know what the answer is for modern cars you're beating on the track, but everything has much tighter tolerances than our cherished VN's, coupled with much lower friction surfaces, so the thinner oils are what the motor is designed to run on. Not to mention, any solenoid/sensor related to oil usually fucks out when you double the viscosity of the oil. That's why every modern VAG car runs on their own spec 5w30, and absolutely will not warrant anything engine related if any other spec oil is used.

pps, oil is supposed to come out black, one of the many jobs oil does is clean the engine. If oil comes out clean, it is probably a very shit oil and not suited for engines.

Comment

^^ and that Valvoline oil is GF5. The only specs the genuine Toyota Yaris oil mention are API SP and ACEA GF6A, both of which amsoil OEZ meets

https://www.ozmotorsport.com/amsoil-...etic-motor-oil

(I work for the people who import Amsoil, so yes, may be biased)

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post

Weight has nothing to do with Sulphur.
                          ]
                          i didn’t say it did. i said 0w oils are harder to get the more stringent the requirements for low Sulphur content get.
                          Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post
                            ^^ and that Valvoline oil is GF5. The only specs the genuine Toyota Yaris oil mention are API SP and ACEA GF6A, both of which amsoil OEZ meets

https://www.ozmotorsport.com/amsoil-...etic-motor-oil

(I work for the people who import Amsoil, so yes, may be biased)
                            Yeah SN+ was brought in due to delays with GF6A and is very close. But that Valvoline oil also meets Dexos 1 Gen2 which is actually more stringent then GF6A. So that oil would meet GF6A but since that standard and the relevant tests were only released May last year they probably haven't tested against it yet since there would be a cost involved. That Amsoil one you linked doesn't mention GF6A it actually says SN+ but it does say it meets Dexos 1 Gen 2 so yes it would meet GF6A so either the page hasn't been updated or like Valvoline they haven't paid for the GF6A testing so can't officially claim it yet.

Also AC Delco sell stuff here that meets GF6.

API SP is the heavier grade spec of GF6 so same protection but without the fuel efficient RC grading.

Comment

You oil guys really care about keeping the engine within factory emissions spec don't you.

Oo___oO

Comment

The Penrite stuff I listed on the previous page meets the specs too (and should be readily available.)

Comment

Working...
                                X