No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the fan bois - https://www.shamrockshirts.com.au/co...erm=2021-04-22

Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

So with that 1:05.9 lap at Wakefield in the Lamspeed car, it turns out it has coilovers but because they are "prototypes" and still going through testing (and that company aren't "supporting" Lamspeed), they didn't tell anybody about them.
      Pretty shit not to disclose I reckon.

Anyway, serious business and all, I just hate the secrecy surrounding shit like this.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
        You oil guys really care about keeping the engine within factory emissions spec don't you.
        *warranty

VW is probably the worst, most stringent. Any engine failure is not covered unless it uses their single spec of oil

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post

Yeah SN+ was brought in due to delays with GF6A and is very close. But that Valvoline oil also meets Dexos 1 Gen2 which is actually more stringent then GF6A. So that oil would meet GF6A but since that standard and the relevant tests were only released May last year they probably haven't tested against it yet since there would be a cost involved. That Amsoil one you linked doesn't mention GF6A it actually says SN+ but it does say it meets Dexos 1 Gen 2 so yes it would meet GF6A so either the page hasn't been updated or like Valvoline they haven't paid for the GF6A testing so can't officially claim it yet.

Also AC Delco sell stuff here that meets GF6.

API SP is the heavier grade spec of GF6 so same protection but without the fuel efficient RC grading.
          Amsoil met the gf6a criteria before it existed, but true, I did not give the same consideration to other brands.

I derped though. Amsoil US website says gf6a, our lazy guy hasnt updated those ones yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nopistons View Post

*warranty

VW is probably the worst, most stringent. Any engine failure is not covered unless it uses their single spec of oil
            I was of the impression that was the case with all manufacturers.

It certainly is with heavy vehicles.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
              So with that 1:05.9 lap at Wakefield in the Lamspeed car, it turns out it has coilovers but because they are "prototypes" and still going through testing (and that company aren't "supporting" Lamspeed), they didn't tell anybody about them.
              Pretty shit not to disclose I reckon.

Anyway, serious business and all, I just hate the secrecy surrounding shit like this.
              The info I saw said it had no extra power so it was pretty clear that it had suspension etc.
              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

The info I saw said it had no extra power so it was pretty clear that it had suspension etc.
                Yeh agree on that, but Charles (and others) were very specific about what was done and what was replaced in the suspension (arms, camber etc). Someone asked in the original posts if it had shocks and they kind of in a roundabout way said it had standard shocks. As I said, the only reason they haven't been upfront with the fact it had coilovers is due to them being in testing and no support from whoever it is.

When you look at it, its got basically the same mods as the Motive car, with the biggest difference being tyres, so the time is likely down to tyres and not much else.

Comment

Currently at Winton.

Have cooked the front tyres. Sat the last session out. Basically have to do it on the first lap or you won't get thru the sweeper.

Best so far 1:41.24 which is on par with the mag test.
                  GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

racechrono app with qstarz internal gps

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210423-095340_RaceChrono Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	7246320
                    Last edited by SuperHoon; 23-04-21, 01:03 PM.
                    VF2 Redline Ute
                    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Best lap 1:40.13 after flipping rears to front.

Not sure how the magazine test was only a 41. Maybe was a hot day.

Had a 39 in the bag but dropped the left rear in the dirt on the run to the main straight. Fml. Last session too.

VF2 Redline Ute
                      E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Good shit man, I've been wondering if the engine has got a bit more poke now, got around 3000kms on it I think. Wonder if that could be the difference in the time? You must be up heaps higher than me.

Good to see there are no issues with the engine as well, you definitely aren't babying it thats for sure!

Comment

More dismantling pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC8A976E-96A9-49C1-90D1-29638B072960.jpeg
Views:	476
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	7246450Click image for larger version

Name:	EE50B57D-A9AE-4C53-8EFF-EF972C6F0CC4.jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	7246451Click image for larger version

Name:	BAED560D-C0D2-4404-8D66-80168F535F83.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	7246452Click image for larger version

Name:	1F15CA3C-164D-4D28-B896-80F488D06405.jpeg
Views:	464
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	7246453Click image for larger version

Name:	21C908FC-9985-4C7C-AC02-F7A0A0363AAF.jpeg
Views:	469
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	7246454

Comment

Pretty compact

Comment

https://youtu.be/h-bjPoRwIas

Couldny find my open back case.

I know that unless its in natsoft the time is always questionable. But seems about right.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

VF2 Redline Ute
                              E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                                0-20 seems fucking thin for something that will get abused on track
                                Hell yeah.
                                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Working...
                                X