Clear All

Originally posted by Slides View Post
    Pretty compact
    Agreed, would go great in an Elise
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
      Best lap 1:40.13 after flipping rears to front.

Not sure how the magazine test was only a 41. Maybe was a hot day.

Had a 39 in the bag but dropped the left rear in the dirt on the run to the main straight. Fml. Last session too.
      Pretty stout time for a stock car and a Yaris of all things.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

Agreed, would go great in an Elise
        Not that I want people to bin these but it would be a pretty sweet upgrade for an old lancer coupe or Mazda 121.

Comment

Last edited by JamoRS; 25-04-21, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
            Best lap 1:40.13 after flipping rears to front.

Not sure how the magazine test was only a 41. Maybe was a hot day.

Had a 39 in the bag but dropped the left rear in the dirt on the run to the main straight. Fml. Last session too.
            Great time. I remember when WRXs were the in thing anything quicker than 1.44 was considered fast.

Comment

Tagging wheels off the start gives expected results.

Yashio Factory video on yt.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Dang, looks photoshopped :O

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

9:31 for in car of the hit.
                  Last edited by CussCuss; 26-04-21, 10:20 PM.
                  this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Fuck me what was the GTR doing at the front, was the bloke having a quick pre start power nap and forgot to set his alarm? Fuck!
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                      Fuck me what was the GTR doing at the front, was the bloke having a quick pre start power nap and forgot to set his alarm? Fuck!
                      My thoughts exactly...

Comment

So I went to the Khanacross at Lakeside on the ANZAC day public holiday. Had heaps of fun and heaps of runs throughout the day (14 all up I think), really good value for the entry fee. Learnt heaps about the car and how it behaves near the limit. I love how strong it is, how much it loves to be thrashed and how fast and forgiving it is for a stock car. Tyres and alignment seem to be the limiting factor right now (plus my inexperience in that kind of thing, its been about 15 years since I did anything similar and in much slower RWD or FWD cars).

There were 5 GR's there in total, 3 completely stock, one with Shockworks coilovers, wheels and Yoko AD08R tyres and one with camber bolts and decent semi slicks on the stock wheels (245's I think). The two modified ones were consistently 2-2.5 secs faster and I was a touch slower than one of the stock ones but faster than the other.

Behaved as expected, lots of tyre noise/squealing, good grip out of corners, terrible turn in if you push too hard so better to have a slightly slower entry and then gradually feed power on through the exit. I noticed when in Sport I had a little less exit understeer with the rear moving around more (as you'd expect).

All but my last run were in Track (50:50). There is a definite difference as to whats actually off when you pres buttons etc. My first run I changed to Track first, then held the TCS button. I could feel a tiny amount of assistance on corner exit, I think it was trying to control traction. But one of the other guys said to hold down the TCS button while in normal, and then change to Track. This for some reason turns everything off and leaves everything off. I could feel the car move around more although nothing crazy other than a couple of small corrections on the wheel. I could induce understeer pretty easily by mashing the throttle early through the corner.

I also went for a ride in the Yaris with camber bolts and decent tyres, he was fastest Yaris and 2nd overall. As a passenger it was easy to feel the extra grip and very strong turn in.

I'll be getting camber bolts and caster bushes before the next time I go out.

Felt on top of the world afterwards and was so happy to be able to do it.
                        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Nice one, 1st khana here is may 2, really looking foreward to it. Not worried as much about the gravel now that I have ceramic coated it (P.S. do this, if only for how clean it keeps it).

I had the 3rd or 4th person come up to me today and ask if it is as good as it's as good as they say it is.

It certainly gets some attention, but so did the clubby I guess. It's a different type of person though, but nearly always at the drive through bottel-o :D
                          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Nice one, Kev

Sounds like it was a fun day, and really good to have some yard sticks to compare mods and times with etc

Comment

im heading to winton this weekend in another car.

there will be a yaris there on sunday with shockworks and i think those zestinos. hopefully i can jump in the passenger seat.

yes the front traction is poor stock, i do my fastest laps in 30/70 split
                              GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                              VF2 Redline Ute
                              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Ha d a bit of fun in this yesterday. Hand brake is much lulz, especially when you still have the boot stuck right in. Brakes work way better on gravel than you'd think.

It cracked it at me and told me to go home as only 2wd 2-3 times. Turned it off and on again, problem solved.

Pain in the ass that the beeper comes on with hand brake in all modes. Under steers like a pig in race, sport mode is perfect nearly. Still a bit of under steer, but it was a really tight set of courses. Hand braker made most of it go away.

pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	177951936_1829277423915277_1319618049166744050_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=ExVbVn2dIioAX__ILcC&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&tp=6&oh=6a433a2fa59f23da4ef176b0aac047cb&oe=60B4818D.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	7249136
                                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                                X