Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
    No way, there is no doubting the Rallye is better than the normal one. But those of us who bought early got a fucking bargain and I’m more than happy saving 16k to get 90% of the performance!
    He he you know I couldn't help having a friendly stir. I'd love either version!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
      Isn't the diff upgrade only a 5k job?
      Rear diff is around ~$3k, front diff is much harder, like 20 hours work plus whatever the diff costs. No one I know has done it yet.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Rear diff is around ~$3k, front diff is much harder, like 20 hours work plus whatever the diff costs. No one I know has done it yet.
        I'll be going rear lsd when time permits

Comment

Anyone doing QR on the 3rd of June? Will be up there for the first time in the GR. Its on 255 A052's so will be interesting to see how quick it is compared to my Previous Evo's.

Comment

Be very curious how it goes for you.

How much camber are you running to keep the a052s happy, they seem to like a fair bit in my limited experience.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
            VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by biteme View Post

I get Motor digitally and the lap time difference was 3.4 seconds faster for the Rallye at haunted hills for a 1:01.8. On that basis you got 95% of the performance 👍
              If I was to see a similar difference in times with mine, its going to be a very fast car.

I did a 63.59 there on the figure 8 layout, a couple seconds off that and I would be battling with the mid pack open wheelers.

VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	71B6EE85-A09E-463B-ADB0-8DDD5A762DDE.jpeg
Views:	491
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	7250445

Can confirm it’s a decent sized job to get this out not a cheap upgrade but not impossible with your own tools

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	71B6EE85-A09E-463B-ADB0-8DDD5A762DDE.jpeg
Views:	491
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	7250445

Can confirm it’s a decent sized job to get this out not a cheap upgrade but not impossible with your own tools
                  Well thats nice to see. Now just to find a Torsen to put in it while you have it out! Replacing the clutch while you are there?
                  I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Wonder how much REAL difference the diffs make? I put a Ralliart front LSD in my Evo and it make fuck all real world difference.

So buying the base model is not really missing anything.
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                      Be very curious how it goes for you.

How much camber are you running to keep the a052s happy, they seem to like a fair bit in my limited experience.

Havent changed a thing on this one other than wheels and tyres. Will do the same thing in a rallye in August and see what the real difference is.

Comment

Well thats nice to see. Now just to find a Torsen to put in it while you have it out! Replacing the clutch while you are there?
                        No to both sadly. Have to keep it stock. But I’ll be pissed if I do end up owning it and don’t do it now

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                          Wonder how much REAL difference the diffs make? I put a Ralliart front LSD in my Evo and it make fuck all real world difference.

So buying the base model is not really missing anything.
                          The rear LSD is what makes the most difference. The front, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post

The rear LSD is what makes the most difference. The front, not so much.
                            Kinda feels like yaris has a heap of front bias even in sport. Its frustrating. Maybe a rear lsd fixes it.

VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

So John Boston from trackschool ran a Rallye yesterday at Wakefield - 1.09.8 on standard PS4S Tyres Vs his clocked time in a standard base model on taxi (dunlop) tyres - 1.11.4. Which makes the Rallye 1.6sec faster (about the time difference i predicted).

He commented that the diffs made a slight difference but time in the tyres. Which was also my experience in fitting better tyres, totally transformed the car.

So looks like the diffs and red stitching are worth fuck all in the real world on the track as delivered, certainly not 17k anyways.

Comment

Was the same in focus RS. Front Quaife worth like 0.5s on the track.
                                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Working...
                                X