No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that the base is now $55k and the Rallye $60k, it still makes the Rallye a convincing argument (comparisons between other vehicles aside)
    Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      Given that the base is now $55k and the Rallye $60k, it still makes the Rallye a convincing argument (comparisons between other vehicles aside)
      No disputing that. you'd be crazy not to buy the Rallye now full RPP is in place (well unless you wanted a colour that isn't metallic white).

More so that the Rallye appears to not be much better than the base spec for all its lighter rims, better tyres, revised suspension/ swaybars, red seat stitching etc. (edit - id better add LSD's as well lol)
      Last edited by psi999; 10-05-21, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
        So John Boston from trackschool ran a Rallye yesterday at Wakefield - 1.09.8 on standard PS4S Tyres Vs his clocked time in a standard base model on taxi (dunlop) tyres - 1.11.4. Which makes the Rallye 1.6sec faster (about the time difference i predicted).

He commented that the diffs made a slight difference but time in the tyres. Which was also my experience in fitting better tyres, totally transformed the car.

So looks like the diffs and red stitching are worth fuck all in the real world on the track as delivered, certainly not 17k anyways.
        it will depend on circuit obviously. i reckon at my local there will be a huge difference.
        GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
        VF2 Redline Ute
        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Low traction surfaces like dirt and snow would be where the Rally would shine.
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

as per the other thread, a v6 turbo version of this would be a whole heap of fuck yeah.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

stirring a few cunce up after the motor mag test video on youtube.

https://youtu.be/7gA4OXqqI6w">https://youtu.be/7gA4OXqqI6w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">

the difference in lap time was obvious even from the side of the track.

certain places wont care too much with the open diffs, this place is not one of them.
              GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                stirring a few cunce up after the motor mag test video on youtube.

https://youtu.be/7gA4OXqqI6w">https://youtu.be/7gA4OXqqI6w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">

the difference in lap time was obvious even from the side of the track.

certain places wont care too much with the open diffs, this place is not one of them.
                Get an error on the above youtube.. lsd's must be locking up grinding up those hopes and dreams of the regular GR4 guys..
                RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

No disputing that. you'd be crazy not to buy the Rallye now full RPP is in place (well unless you wanted a colour that isn't metallic white).

More so that the Rallye appears to not be much better than the base spec for all its lighter rims, better tyres, revised suspension/ swaybars, red seat stitching etc. (edit - id better add LSD's as well lol)
                  Imo the lsds don't matter so much at standard power levels but if you're seriously going to mod the car that is when they will shine. Given the size of the tyres you can fit on these things even molded they will need a solid amount of power before wheels wheelspin is a problem.

When I had my caldina it had a 2 way rear lsd but open front diff. In the wet roll on, in the dry launching or out of tight corners it'd just light up a front tyre. But it had 380awkw and i could only get a 215/45/17 on it. The fronts were fine with a 235 but the rears it'd rub on the coilover spring so without running spacers, cutting guards and flaring it it was traction limited due to the open front diff.
                  If in doubt power out

Comment

If anyone gets a random delivery notice from a 'Melbourne Mailing' this week, then it's a Gazoo Racing club package with a flag thing, some stickers and a keyring, turned up on my doorstep this morning.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	7252749

Comment

Cringe on the flag but keyring looks alright.

Comment

The keyring is pretty chunky and has your member number engraved on the back, it's quite heavy and will probably sit uncomfortably in my pocket so I'm not sure I'll use it, maybe just on the spare key.
                        Don't think I'd be putting any of those stickers on the car either, I mean 'this is how we Gazoo', really?

Comment

Good member number there!
                          If I had a garage in reasonable condition I’d chuck the flag up along with the big poster I got from the dealer…
                          I was going to try and head up to Rally Qld this weekend (could have waved my flag….not). Not sure I can be bothered driving 2 hours though… but would be good to see the rally cars up close.
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Ive always loved those kinds of Japlish stories on the flag.

I know that Oz protected their car industry a lot more than NZ, but in doing so, its possible that you missed some absolute gold on the rear wheel covers of Jap Import soft roaders, or down the door vinyls of other models....some of the things they were trying to say will never be deciphered

Comment

The keyring is super chunky and heavy, I'm a fan of no keyrings so can't see it making its way on to my key.
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

I find it strange they are pushing this club, yet on the same hand want to bring out Hilux gazoo editions.. like do they plan on doing some dirt racing?
                                CISCOKIDS
                                The Gentlemen's Club
                                Midnight Rocker

Comment

Working...
                                X