No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh she's fucked, one engine now available!

And while it's easy to play the arm chair expert.....is it just me or does he look to correct it a bit too much "RWD style" rather than "AWD style".....e.g. point the wheels where you want to go and plant it rather than go for too much opposite lock then have it grab and spear off in the wrong direction?
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I found on the gravel in sport you still need a bit of oppy to get it where you want it. But not as much as RWD.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Yeh just looks like he was sliding with the wheels pointing to the inside of the corner, then slams on the lock to correct and ends up getting whipped in to the sand trap. As I said, easy to commentate from the sidelines plus I've never driven one. Didn't even look that quick until he hit the sand and went cartwheeling! :o
        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

It does look like a major over correction.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I shouldn't laugh, but the whole circle jerk kind of makes it inevitable. At Lakeside today, going in to the track, not even on the track, a Yarifag ran up the arse of his Yarifag mate going in to the tunnel at 5kmh. Both need bumpers.
            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

There are definitely a group of people who own these things that don't have much driving experience. Much like the WRX was I guess.
              I did see a guy asking in the FB group for a front bumper, but looks like he's in VIC, so can't laugh at him... damn...
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

cars like these make ordinary drivers overnight fangios until it really goes fucking wrong. My rex is the same, you have to be doing something utterly retarded to get out of shape past the cars capability.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                  There are definitely a group of people who own these things that don't have much driving experience. Much like the WRX was I guess.
                  I did see a guy asking in the FB group for a front bumper, but looks like he's in VIC, so can't laugh at him... damn...
                  Same as a lot of m drivers and leased amg’s though.
                  not necessarily a bad thing as it gets them into Motorsport etc but yeah we will see a few more binned I would say
                  Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                  Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post
                    cars like these make ordinary drivers overnight fangios until it really goes fucking wrong. My rex is the same, you have to be doing something utterly retarded to get out of shape past the cars capability.
                    Don't forget the 'Arms akimbo Evo driver, I'm a race car driver M8'

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      I shouldn't laugh, but the whole circle jerk kind of makes it inevitable. At Lakeside today, going in to the track, not even on the track, a Yarifag ran up the arse of his Yarifag mate going in to the tunnel at 5kmh. Both need bumpers.
                      Saw the damage on the white one, and started talking to the owner, then he told me what happened and showed me his mates car. Fair bit of damage to both cars really.
                      2018 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition Wagon
                      2016 Golf GTi Performance

Comment

How did they bump in the tunnel? As guido says it’s like 5kph
                        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Did they still run on the day or sit out? The plastics on the front and rear bumper is crazy thin and really flexible. I can imagine with a simple/slow nose to tail the damage wouldn't be small.

Hopefully you guys (Cal, Guido etc) will head along to the next Skid Control motokhana too, I'm going to try and go too.
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

im still trying so hard to enjoy this car. but i keep getting out feeling a bit meh.

maybe i should do some basic mods.
                            GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                            VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Have you swapped out the squealing dunnies yet?

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                                Did they still run on the day or sit out? The plastics on the front and rear bumper is crazy thin and really flexible. I can imagine with a simple/slow nose to tail the damage wouldn't be small.

Hopefully you guys (Cal, Guido etc) will head along to the next Skid Control motokhana too, I'm going to try and go too.
                                Both still ran the day. Mainly cosmetic damage, although the guy with the rear end damage couldn't open his boot because of how borked the rear bar was.

I was doing the Sprints that day, but could be keen for a run at the next Motorkhana pending availability.
                                2018 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition Wagon
                                2016 Golf GTi Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X