Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
    Have you swapped out the squealing dunnies yet?

​​​
    nah still got the heaps of shit.

see maxx performance in melb got bit over 210kw atw with the motec plug in and e85. think there was an exhaust and intake pipe done too.

would start to go okay thats for sure.
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post

nah still got the heaps of shit.

see maxx performance in melb got bit over 210kw atw with the motec plug in and e85. think there was an exhaust and intake pipe done too.

would start to go okay thats for sure.
      And an increase from 275 to 435 in torque too 😳

Comment

do these run a particulate filter? Some easy gains to be had there surely?
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
          do these run a particulate filter? Some easy gains to be had there surely?
          Not in Australia, only in EU.
          Exhaust doesn't provide that many gains, the thought is that the computer does an extremely good job of controlling the torque. It also has pretty major issues with heat soak on the dyno so getting comparative dyno runs is meant to be pretty hard.
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Do we get this colour here?? Looks amazing
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

we got black, fridge and red.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                Do we get this colour here?? Looks amazing
                No, I don’t think anywhere does, but I agree it looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                  And fancy pearl fridge .aka rallye
                  Last edited by bb671; 02-06-21, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Only 4 colours available everywhere. That green one is a wrap.

Comment

Had my 6 month service today at Toyota Kedron. I'm one of the people who seems to have the vibration at around 3200 - 3600rpm when accelerating mainly in 4th / 5th and 6th. More noticeable in Sport mode. Toyota technician came for a drive with me. He definitely noticed it he said. Some other big wig from Toyota was also there who went for a drive to get a feel of what I was talking about. There was another GR there at the time and that one does it as well. The reasoning they've offered me is it's just an exhaust resonance / booming in the body / cabin as it comes on boost. I explained that there are many people who have it / many who don't so that doesn't make sense why it would be exhaust resonance as it should apply to all cars. Or also why it's more noticeable in Sport mode. Or that it quietens if you pull up the handbrake which disengages the rear drive. Maybe lifting up the handbrake also causes the exhaust flow to cease therefore stopping the resonance.

One of the Lexus technicians there has a GR as his own car and it doesn't vibrate but apparently it's "modified" which is why his doesn't do it. Frynotsureifserious.jpeg

A guy I work with doesn't have the vibration either with his one but I'm gonna drive his car on Monday to see for sure that I'm not going crazy.

Overall though happy with the service, they used the correct oil and very easy to deal with.
                      Last edited by Gussy; 03-06-21, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                        so the full smeg range?
                        CISCOKIDS
                        The Gentlemen's Club
                        Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
                          Had my 6 month service today at Toyota Kedron. I'm one of the people who seems to have the vibration at around 3200 - 3600rpm when accelerating mainly in 4th / 5th and 6th. More noticeable in Sport mode. Toyota technician came for a drive with me. He definitely noticed it he said. Some other big wig from Toyota was also there who went for a drive to get a feel of what I was talking about. There was another GR there at the time and that one does it as well. The reasoning they've offered me is it's just an exhaust resonance / booming in the body / cabin as it comes on boost. I explained that there are many people who have it / many who don't so that doesn't make sense why it would be exhaust resonance as it should apply to all cars. Or also why it's more noticeable in Sport mode. Or that it quietens if you pull up the handbrake which disengages the rear drive. Maybe lifting up the handbrake also causes the exhaust flow to cease therefore stopping the resonance.

One of the Lexus technicians there has a GR as his own car and it doesn't vibrate but apparently it's "modified" which is why his doesn't do it. Frynotsureifserious.jpeg

A guy I work with doesn't have the vibration either with his one but I'm gonna drive his car on Monday to see for sure that I'm not going crazy.

Overall though happy with the service, they used the correct oil and very easy to deal with.
                          I'd say it's more down to the differing front and rear drive ratio's and looser lash having noticeably more noise

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post

I've got the same vibration, doesn't bother me, but it is weird.
                            Have you seen the thread on the gr-yaris forum? https://gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads...n.1728/page-20 (don't bother going through all of the pages). There is someone on there who has changed the rear diff and its made no difference to the vibration. The main complainant says on page 20 that maybe it could be to do with a bush which is getting checked on his car now.

Definitely doesn't feel like exhaust resonance, more driveline/chassis related. Fairly sure Nate's (the Lexus tech) car has some camber bolts (Toyota ones, not whiteline), wheels and tyres. Contact him on Facebook, he's a good guy, at least he'll tell you for sure whats actually modified.

Very happy to know they used the right oil!

Comment

this might give you a clue why the noise is different in different gears and when the rear diff is disengaged
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-04 062827.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.2 KB ID:	7258039
                              Last edited by jasonp1977; 04-06-21, 06:37 AM.

Comment

now i'm going to have to drive mine to see if i have the same issue around that rpm.

i hadnt noticed anything but i am kinda retarded.
                                GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                                VF2 Redline Ute
                                E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Working...
                                X