Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squirt View Post

I can see how you would think that about a barina spark, but not a Yaris GR
    I've seen a black one near my local shops and rear end does looks alot like a smart,. White ones not so much

Comment

It was my first impression after a brief glimpse from the rear. The more of it I saw, the less it looked like a Smart. I think it was the bulging rear guards that did it.
      If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

got some wheels coming.

might do winton again on the 4th, with the only changes from stock being wheels/tyres/camber bolts and maybe springs.

be curious what time it'll turn
        GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
        VF2 Redline Ute
        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

anyone else see maxx performance progress on their yaris?

interesting.
          VF2 Redline Ute
          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

""Our GR Yaris on the dyno finally with the Motec ECU This is the last step before we rip the stock parts off and upgrade our turbo & manifolds, clutch. Pre ran with exhaust at 164awkw & 275nm Motec & E85 finished up with 215awkw & 435nm Pretty much picked up around 65awkw through the whole midrange. That stock turbo has some puff!!! Still running the stock intercooler and pipes, whilst waiting on our hypertune unit to arrive. Power mods: - Maxx Turboback Exhaust - 4" Intake Pipe - Motec ECU Massive thanks to Trent at Chequered Tuning for the dyno hire & helping me with the fiddley motec bits. 🙃 Let's get back to Heathcote & reset our current record of 12.62."

That bit?>
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

It's a big one...

We have been busy working on the next lot of upgrades for our little Yaris.

After fitting the MoTeC ECU, we found the limit of the factory valvesprings fairly quickly, as well as the clutch starting to show weaknesses.

We removed the engine and box to fit a new Xtreme Clutch prototype ceramic clutch, single mass flywheel, a set of Kelford Cams and upgraded valvesprings / TI retainers.

Things got a little crazy, and we fabbed up a custom top mount turbo manifold with a Garrett - Advancing Motion G25 Turbocharger & a Turbosmart genV 40mm External Gate, along side a custom 3.5" Dump Pipe & 40mm screamer pipe.
              Heat management was also a big thing for us, as we are wanting to do all sorts of motorsport with the car, So we have custom heatsheilds throughout and all the parts have been hpc coated by the best at Racecoatings.

Then we got a little carried away and fitted up a custom 80mm thick Process West intercooler core with custom end tanks, along with plazmaman.com Plaz clamps for all of the intercooler pipes.

We are also we are working with a good friend, who through his company is building a centerfeed billet intake plenum, we are using a larger Bosch motorsport throttlebody which is also plaz clamped. (We will talk more about this in the next post)

That just left the fuel system....so we now have a twin 460 surge tank up front, feeding a set of 2400cc injectors. We have also deleted the factory DI system. (It actually looks like an engine now.)

A heap of other bits we have changed including crank case breathers, LSD diff, braces, bushes and more.

We also had the Shockworks suspension tweaked up to help with getting power down.

Watch this space, we are doing what we can after hours to get this thing done so let's see how far the little 3pot will go!?
              Fast or bang?
              Either way, we are keen to see.

Also - Yeah, R33 GTR 17" wheels with MT street R's look good too. 😁

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1624418227160.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	7263959Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1624418233351.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	7263960Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1624418222634.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	7263963Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1624418244369.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	7263961
              Attached Files
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

That's not mucking around.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Epic! Saw one of these jiggers at Logan hospital today. Very nice!

Comment

looks awesome
                    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

We have also deleted the factory DI system.
                      How come?
                      Originally posted by piss98
                      I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

yeah i wonder about that too, im heading there to grab some shit tonight so might see if he opens up a bit about the project.
                        VF2 Redline Ute
                        E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

I love the central inlet for the intake plenum. Its hard to tell in the pic, but what material is that made from?

Comment

Hope they know not to just leave the DI injectors in there....
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

i reckon its a work in progress 3D printed job
                              VF2 Redline Ute
                              E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                                i reckon its a work in progress 3D printed job
                                I thought as much

Comment

Working...
                                X