Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah will be billet they said

Comment

Surely motec would have predicted people wanting to run large port injectors staged with the DI stuff, seems like a step backwards even for a track focused thing to just ditch DI.

Comment

if you're running e85 then the anti knock properties of DI are not as important.
        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
          if you're running e85 then the anti knock properties of DI are not as important.
          This is exactly what Zane said was the reason he isn't going to bother with DI at the moment. Fairly sure Andrew Hawkins mentioned in his video that the motec can do DI with no issues.
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

that was basically it.
            GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
            VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

grabbed zane's old wheels with AR1s, h&r springs ordered, camber bolts and a whiteline rear bar.

winton next weekend. hope for at least a couple dry laps.
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Would love to know what just the rear bar and camber bolts does, everyone I’ve seen do bars does both and it makes it worse and they are surprised it doesn’t improve the under steer. It’s a fundamental rule, stiffen the opposite end to what you want to make work better. The rear bar on my swift many years ago made it way strong rd on turn in.
                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

im certainly happy to admit if i ruin the setup. im not a full internet person who cant admit a fuck up.
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

I'm well aware that at full power on 40%+ it doesn't really matter but if you are someone like me who is happy to daily drive something with aggressive suspension/driveline/diff etc it's basically throwing money away in terms of cruise fuel consumption and shitty cold start/idle.

Comment

sure but i was just answering someone asking why people might ditch DI on a time attack style car
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Whether E85 or not, the problem is the injectors will melt without fuel flow which usually results in grenading engines. It looks like even race fuel wont stop that kind of hotspot detonation
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Making 3 blanking plugs isn't that hard. I reckon 30mins on CAD, replicate the retention and sealing strategy and then turn them up on a CNC

Comment

Yep, its knowing that you need to do it that is the key
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

I think we can all thank Papadakis for teaching us that lesson!
                              Last edited by lukevl; 25-06-21, 01:59 PM. Reason: Italics req

Comment

it was known well before Papadakis in the 86 scene when retards went about turboing them and disabling the direct injectors

Comment

Working...
                                X