Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [SPESHAL] View Post

Looks mint. How does it ride?
    you can tell the springs are firmer but the big difference is they upped the rear spring rate more than the fronts. so you lose a bit of the "boating" feeling with the stock car. which is fantastic. at this point i wont be rushing out for coilovers, rather a diff or two first.

tyres feel stiff but thats expected.

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Was chatting to some guys yesterday on a drive up here, one (older guy with shit loads of experience, has done targa tas 21 times) into Tarmac Rallys. Currently prepping his standard GR with cage, seats etc. He's spoken to Neal Bates and others and all have mentioned needing to up the rear spring rate to remove the understeer, guess its good that H&R have done that.

Drive through the mountains was fucking great. Followed a Rallye the whole way and while we both had some in reserve he didn't get away from me at any stage with both of us driving at 8/10ths. Who woulda thunk it that the standard car was just as fast as the Rallye...
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
        Was chatting to some guys yesterday on a drive up here, one (older guy with shit loads of experience, has done targa tas 21 times) into Tarmac Rallys. Currently prepping his standard GR with cage, seats etc. He's spoken to Neal Bates and others and all have mentioned needing to up the rear spring rate to remove the understeer, guess its good that H&R have done that.

Drive through the mountains was fucking great. Followed a Rallye the whole way and while we both had some in reserve he didn't get away from me at any stage with both of us driving at 8/10ths. Who woulda thunk it that the standard car was just as fast as the Rallye...
        im surprised that when reading about some of the coilover kits on offer that they've gone with a lighter rate rear compared to front, but i havent calculated the motion ratio in the rear so i guess we can only compare the feeling that the stock spring rates give and the comparison of those rates to each other.

i remember watching a video of the fast yaris at tsukuba and the spring rates were like 3 or 4kg higher in the rear than front.

VF2 Redline Ute
        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Exactly... All about the MR and resulting wheel rate. Spring rate in isolation isn't a good metric.

Comment

Dialled in -3.5 cambers in the front with 1mm total toe out, and took some toe out of the rear with factory adjustment.

Car is starting to work until you get hard on the gas and the diffs spoil it. But with the ar1s that's at speeds that probably aren't advisable for the street.

Starting to enjoy it finally.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Does anyone know how hard it is to adjust the handbrake cable on these?

Mines stretched a bit after the khana and has to be pulled all the way up to stop in rolling on my not steep driveway.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

nah, that was my next job!
                VF2 Redline Ute
                E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

i think its an old school style one that you adjust with the rear rotor off.
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

got out before lockdown in regional.

Copped a few stone chips on the rear quarters, bit of a bugger.

still needs diffs. car otherwise pretty fast (compared to my other cars)
                    VF2 Redline Ute
                    E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

We had a practice day at Bryant Park today, took yaris for coupla runs.

Only using racechrono which has been proven not to be super accurate here but its going to turn a decent time.

Still needs diffs

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

VF2 Redline Ute
                      E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Working...
                      X