Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a great result!!!!!

Comment

Ceramic coat didn't really help that more just luck at the way its happened, great result nonetheless!
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Hmm, I'd say if you can detect the scratches they've gone partially through the clear.

Comment

Yea, I doubt the ceramic would have really helped to protect it from the gate but very lucky anyway!

Comment

Drove a normal yaris today as a loan car while it was being serviced.

Jesus Christ they are a pile of crap.

Handrakey into the car park at work was a giggle though.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

front flaps are at the post office waiting for fitment. i dont like the look of the flaps but here we are.

hopefully this can stop some of the massacre of my rear arches.
              GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Which ones did you go with?
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

i already had the ones from all type fabrication hoping that it would be enough, but it hasn't.

so ive had to go with rallyflapz from the UK. its really because of the wider offset and sticky rubber picking up every last rock.

i shouldnt care but it'll likely need paint within 3 years to present well if i dont.
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                    i already had the ones from all type fabrication hoping that it would be enough, but it hasn't.

so ive had to go with rallyflapz from the UK. its really because of the wider offset and sticky rubber picking up every last rock.

i shouldnt care but it'll likely need paint within 3 years to present well if i dont.
                    Think its mainly from track driving or just general country road driving (you live in the sticks don't you?)?
                    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Yea, I don't do much rural / highway driving and I already have a small chip in the paint in one of my rear arches. Keen to hear how you go with the flaps (rallyflapz that is.)

Comment

You-beaut 3M-style clear film on the sills and in front of the rear wheel arch will prevent most of the stone chips. Other advantage is it can be peeled off in a few years and a new lot applied if required. If you have a white car the film may yellow a bit but red and black cars should be fine for a decade or more.
                        If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

The Porsche dudes I was chatting to at the track day I did said they just PPF that area specifically. Like the GR, GT3's have massive rear arches and they get covered in chips (one of them didn't like when I compared my shitty Yaris to a GT3 ).
                          I guess PPF is a step up from 3M style clear film.
                          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

theres a guy in the UK that does precut to suit the rear arch and side skirt but i cant seem to get a fucking response.

is on the UK yaris forum. not hugely expensive.
                            VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

For those guys pushing the boundaries with power on these things, where are the weak links in the drivetrain? They must be reasonably high strung already so wondering how much further they can be pushed before they self destruct?

Only asking as this mob Northmead Auto Centre are doing G25-550 kits for them which seems pretty hardcore https://www.facebook.com/northmeadau...54627874737678
                              Disclaimer: I may have no idea what I am talking about

Comment

I'd say the clutch 1st, then the gear box.

Dr Hoon

Comment

Working...
                                X