No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release in Japan will be around august-sept I think.
    There is a guy on one of the Facebook groups that is talking about buying the circuit pack and importing it. I didn’t think our import rules allowed that, has something changed?
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

according to :
      https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ve...m_Measures.pdf

To be eligible the vehicle model or variant must:
      • not be genuinely available to Australian consumers (or not have been genuinely available to
      Australian consumers for a period of its production run);
      • have been available in an overseas market for at least three months; and
      • meet one of six eligibility criteria:
      o performance
      o environmental
      o mobility
      o left-hand drive
      o campervans and motorhomes
      o rarity
      so if toyota drags their feet maybe we could get it 3 months after release in japan?

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

Everyone is being told end of the year.
        Supposedly we don’t get the good version because of cost. But they aren’t telling us how much anything is so it’s a shit excuse.
        lol how is the full spec in NZ costing any less than it would here? What a load of shit
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

lol how is the full spec in NZ costing any less than it would here? What a load of shit
          Exactly, the lack of info from Toyota and the fact that we get the povo spec version here is baffling. Full fruit version or no sale from me...!

Comment

I don't think NZ has an equivalent of ADR testing, don't they allow the test results/certifications from pretty much everywhere else (eg. Japan, US, UK, EU)?

I think real answer is "it isn't more expensive", but (a) everything is more expensive in NZ and (b) Toyota Australia think they won't be able to sell the top-spec one because it's a Yaris at 3x the cost of a base one. Same as they thought they couldn't sell $80k Supras in 1993 after Nissan failed so impressively to sell $100k Skylines (could they have? we'll never know).
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

But equally the economies of scale with Australia being a far bigger market than NZ should factor out any additional costs.
              If NZ can make the case it’s hard to see why Au can’t
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

If NZ can make the case it’s hard to see why Au can’t
                Facetious answer is ... base Yaris costs NZ$38k, so a case for the fancy GR is relatively simple.

Actual answer is NFI, if they can sell fancy GR in NZ for the equivalent of ... was it high AU$40's (previous page)? ... then it should be ~$39k for the less-fancy one here. Maybe that's the plan? MASSIVELY unlikely, but given they'd never sell that many ANYWAY it might be a marketing ploy they'd choose? Meh, who knows, they're marketing people so I assume they get the uncut coke?
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Maybe Toyota NZ aren't lazy cunts because they can't rely on selling landcruisers and hilux's by the boat load to mining companies, so need to be creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
                    Maybe Toyota NZ aren't lazy cunts because they can't rely on selling landcruisers and hilux's by the boat load to mining companies, so need to be creative.
                    This.

Comment

NZ has always gotten niche market new model cars not available to many other markets.

Australia didn't even get the 4AGE powered AE86 FFS. So lame. Toyota Aus are a bunch of dinosaurs.

Comment

I sent a fairly strongly worded complaint yesterday to Toyota AU. I know it won’t go anywhere but had to make the point to them.
                        I spent some time looking at the total car sales for each market that the GR Yaris is going to, behind japan, as a single country, we sell the most Toyota’s. Unfortunately the data I had didn’t break it down into segments or models so couldn’t tell definitively that this was SUVs and Hilux”s but we are all positive it is.
                        I don’t have the figures on me now, but for 2019 it was Japan at over 1 mil, then us with 215k, then the UK with 135k, then France and Germany at around 90k. Some of the SE Asia countries like Thailand were above us but there is no word on whether they are getting the GR.

Also, not sure what Forg is on but the standard Yaris in NZ starts at $25k, https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/yaris/hatch/

I know I’m fighting an uphill battle against Toyota AU but it just pisses me of they care so little about loyal customers who want to spend 50k on an enthusiast car.
                        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Every other brand options up the aus delivered cars but Toyota goes in the opposite direction.. makes sense /i
                          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Also, not sure what Forg is on but the standard Yaris in NZ starts at $25k, https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/yaris/hatch/
                            It was an exaggeration which I thought was self-evident.

$25k is a lot for a Yaris, same car would be ... what, $17k here or thereabouts? $25k is Corolla money, and Corolla sized cars are a heap better in every way except fuel economy.
                            If the GR (Race?) is $50k in NZ, that’d translate to ~$35k here! Which isn’t happening. Well ... we hope it is. But it’s not.
                            Last edited by Captiva Fan; 13-06-20, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I sent a fairly strongly worded complaint yesterday to Toyota AU. I know it won’t go anywhere but had to make the point to them.
                              You say that, but if enough people do it they may realise they have to pull their fucking finger out, and I doubt you are the only one.

Comment

interested to hear if you get a response (which you probably won’t)

Had no idea AU was such a big market globally
                                Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X