Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
    You'd think motoring journos would have got over the whole "duurrr omg a fun car from Toyota duurrr they only make fridges" thing by now

Toyota never stopped making interesting cars, the fact that Toyota *Australia* - a completely separate business - chose not to sell them here is the point they should be making
    Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Looks very good, but the high level of equipment & standard features leads me to think it'll be expensive when it gets to Oz.
      Last edited by Smudge; 22-12-19, 06:09 AM. Reason: Deleted redundant crap that was on page 1. Thanks 23Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
        Looks very good, but the high level of equipment & standard features leads me to think it'll be expensive when it gets to Oz.
        Does that engine cover look like a 3 or 4 cylinder?
        The article and pictures you posted were linked in the first post mate. Also, it's been confirmed as a 1.6L 3 cylinder. Check out some of the later links on page 2
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHuagkhlKqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8DzGKKoI4

Basic interior , battery in the boot, makes a good noise - should be good fun if they don't overprice it.
          Water injection as well? Japanese at the forefront once again?
          Not many cars with a factory WI system, although Bosch has specific injectors designed for it.

Comment

The more I see of this thing the more I like it...if the hackers can get into the transmission or diffs, it could be a really fun chuckable toy
            GT8
            1UZ Celica
            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

https://www.caradvice.com.au/814710/...preview-drive/
              RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post

Water injection as well? Japanese at the forefront once again?
                Not many cars with a factory WI system, although Bosch has specific injectors designed for it.
                would be for the intercooler waterspray I'd imagine, water injection wouldn't do too much on a direct injected motor

Comment

Base spec models proposed for Aus will have open f/r diffs, which i think will suit most drivers keeping it to the street, great to see homologation spec cars coming out of Japan as an alternative to korean/euro cars.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post

would be for the intercooler waterspray I'd imagine, water injection wouldn't do too much on a direct injected motor
                    M3 gt3 had it and almost every Euro tuner is throwing water/meth kits at the current crop of turbo cars.
                    If in doubt power out

Comment

This is looking better and better, triple now! All the good things.

Half hoping it's more in the $40-45k price range, because then when I finally get around to considering one every second P-plater won't be already driving one.

Comment

Now they're also talking a Gazoo Racing Masters of Nurburgring edition - lighter, carbon fibre bits and 225kW+.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...coming-122260/

Want. Won't be able to get. Interesting that they state 190kW/350Nm+ for the standard edition here.

Comment

thats awesome, and how can a 3CYL sound so good? sounds like an Inline 6.
                          https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1113226895676369
                          Originally posted by The Property Guru
                          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                          Originally posted by oxy
                          No, that's asians
                          A80 Supra
                          80 Landcruiser

Comment

Classic 3 cyl sound, remember Daihatsu Charade turbos? Sounded way tougher than the 1 litre of fury they were!
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

If they sound half as good as my Daytona they will sound brilliant. Only downside will be the spinny muffker taking the edge off.

Hopefully they have a good induction whistle as well.....

Comment

Its awesome and hilarious that this is a real thing that has happened

Comment

Working...
                                X