Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post
    G16E-GTS and associated bits - timing chain, DI and port injection , integrated turbo . Plugs should be easy to change .

Click image for larger version

Name:	yaris1.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	7180132Click image for larger version

Name:	yaris3.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	7180133Click image for larger version

Name:	yaris2.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	7180134Click image for larger version

Name:	yaris4.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	7180135
    the exhaust manifold isnt integrated into the head like most modern motors.. nice
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
      so they sold all 1000?
      That's his reason for why the backend order queue was removed

Comment

Well I just got a call from the local dealer. Seems I'll be getting mine Nov/Dec hopefully.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post

the exhaust manifold isnt integrated into the head like most modern motors.. nice
          Exhaust housing manifold though. Probably won't be a big deal though - I can't imagine there's all that much room between the motor and the firewall to allow for a turbo upgrade.
          Swedish Soot Chucker
          Orange Accident KE10

Comment

There's some interesting stuff with the turbo control given the engine runs a vacuum pump, holding the gate open at startup to get the cat up to temp etc
            Attached Files

Comment

and a bit of an overview of the turbo
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think there are any in the country yet to review, only the older track drives of the camo'd preprod examples (that weren't final spec) that came out last year, but there's quite a few Japanese reviews on youtube, they don't have english subs so you have to rely on auto-translate which is not a lot of help (although can be amusing).

Comment

The Bates' have a couple
                  Last edited by jasonp1977; 24-09-20, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I'm kinda confused by some of the specs. So Judging by the wheels and tyres that's the Rally version but yet it doesn't have the red brake calipers?

Looks fun in the wet anyway:

6:55 min
                    and
                    7:55 min

Comment

There were some questions yesterday about the specs of the seats. Just had word from Warren that they will be Black Leather with White Stitching. Looks like everyone who has had a contract has this spec, although on the confirmation email it talks about fabric.
                      Brakes won't be red, unsure about the treatment on the black parts, may either be shiny, piano black or a matt black, haven't had word on that. Stereo is also unknown, could either be a 2 speaker shitty one or a 8 speaker JBL one. Our grade seems to fall between the RZ and RZ High Performance from this page, https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/gr/yaris/grade/
                      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Some guy on one of the Facebook pages reckons Southside Toyota have said all 1000 have been sold.

Comment

That's what Peter from The Toyota Customer Center told me when I phoned him to ask what was up with the Authentication error when hitting the place order button after filling out the page. Southside got the same error this morning when they tried while I was on the phone with them also, before I called the customer center.

Sally @ Southside did offer to place a normal order for me which would be about $53K... nope
                          Last edited by jasonp1977; 24-09-20, 01:40 PM.

Comment

So did you get your order in Jason?
                            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

wow legit all the cheap ones are gone? that is insane.

Comment

If true, I'm pretty shocked at how quick they went.

Comment

Working...
                                X