Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2rismo
    replied
    Video out soon no doubt, but all I can say is nobody is leaning on these engines hard enough yet. They'll cop a heap more power unopened. Amazing bits of kit. Let 'em eat, boys.

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    That to me looks like there should be a piece of hose attached to it to direct any battery juice straight to the ground?
    yeah exactly. but toyota no fit that from new.

Leave a comment:

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    That to me looks like there should be a piece of hose attached to it to direct any battery juice straight to the ground?

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
    Nah don't have any squealing, just a banging noise from the front end somewhere that I haven't found.

I should have not trusted Toyota to sort the basics of a battery vent correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I checked my battery vent and don't have any corrosion or visible leaking. I wouldn't be pulling as many G's as you though so may not be a great comparison, but still 1 track day and lots of decent G mountain drives.

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Nah don't have any squealing, just a banging noise from the front end somewhere that I haven't found.

I should have not trusted Toyota to sort the basics of a battery vent correctly.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Have been meaning to have a look at that, will do tomorrow.

The other thing I've noticed, maybe coincidence, maybe not, but since the track day I now get some noise when going round corners, like a high pitched squeal. Kind of like brakes, but its different, could be bearings (??) maybe. It only happens occasionally and usually only at over ~50kmh, again usually slight bends rather than 90deg corners.
    Anyone else?
    And before people suggest it, its not the dunlops hanging on for dear life

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Might pay for people to suss out their battery breather setup.

Might be hard to tell in the photo but it's made a little mess on mine.

Leave a comment:

• JabberWocky
    replied
    I went for my first ride in one of these today, in a Rallye. I stand firm that those of you who bought one for $40k did well and made a good decision.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ree
    replied
    Result!!

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    430hp at the front hubs is very solid.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    400 at the wheels is impressive as fuck.

Leave a comment:

• 2rismo
    replied
    Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

I know what the Motive's car has on it, I don't know him but I've watched the series intently.
    So it made more than 403hp? Thats fucking ridiculous!
    Not wringing its neck either, but up against some factory limitations and some unknowns. It didn't make 500 or anything silly, but with the power it has and a bottom 1.6x 60' time, it will run 10s and mid (to high) 120s over the quarter.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by 2rismo View Post

Orange one is that turbo (making more power than the 403 Dynojet hp above), ethanol blend, Motec, LSD, drag radials, lighter than stock.
    I know what the Motive's car has on it, I don't know him but I've watched the series intently.
    So it made more than 403hp? Thats fucking ridiculous!

Leave a comment:

• 2rismo
    replied
    Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

What did it make? The Ekanoo Racing one only ran 12.1 @ 185kmh/114mph, I thought it had a similar kit on it (Garrett G25-550 etc), but looks like it only has a Motec and not much else.
    Orange one is that turbo (making more power than the 403 Dynojet hp above), ethanol blend, Motec, LSD, drag radials, lighter than stock.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by 2rismo View Post
    With what the orange one just made on the dyno, I'd be surprised if it didn't go 10.9 @ 125ish as soon as Sydney has drag racing again.
    What did it make? The Ekanoo Racing one only ran 12.1 @ 185kmh/114mph, I thought it had a similar kit on it (Garrett G25-550 etc), but looks like it only has a Motec and not much else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X