Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    Haven't more than one person in this thread said that it's pending a test drive & also how long the wait is?
    Those people mustn't have read the fine print on the pre-order site. If they did a manual order with the dealer and had it written into their contract then they're covered.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
      Those people mustn't have read the fine print on the pre-order site. If they did a manual order with the dealer and had it written into their contract then they're covered.
      I'm wondering whether walking into a dealership to put down your deposit got you much better terms & conditions than doing it on the website ... ?
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I had to go to a dealer due to issues with the pre-order site, most others I've heard of that ordered through a dealer did it before the pre-order site went live

Comment

My dealer contact just sent me some photos of a GRY with vic number plates that is at some training he's at today. Looks to be the Rallye spec as it has the upgraded wheels, red calipers and red stitching on the seat.
          He's asked me not to share, so better not. Don't want to ruin the relationship!
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
            My dealer contact just sent me some photos of a GRY with vic number plates that is at some training he's at today. Looks to be the Rallye spec as it has the upgraded wheels, red calipers and red stitching on the seat.
            He's asked me not to share, so better not. Don't want to ruin the relationship!
            Nice. Keen to hear what he thinks.

Comment

I had one call from the dealer on the day I pre-ordered (the first day) to say congratulations and haven't heard a thing since. Is this everyone else's experience too ?

Comment

Originally posted by wiggah View Post
                I had one call from the dealer on the day I pre-ordered (the first day) to say congratulations and haven't heard a thing since. Is this everyone else's experience too ?
                Pretty much the same experience for me, got a contract on the day and returned it and not a lot since. My salesman seems good though and I've exchanged a few sms' back and forth since then, but no news to tell really as yet. Just a matter of sitting back and waiting for more news.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggah View Post
                  I had the same call from the dealer on the day to confirm the order and provide more details etc. then nothing until yesterday I got a call from the dealer saying they have been told that all the initial orders will be built in November and delivered in December but the salesmen said he was very sceptical of that actually happening but he will be in touch again in November when he should know more.

Comment

Ditto.

Also chances of getting it before Xmas, not a fucking hope in hell

Comment

Yep, same. They are quiet cas they have no real news to share. I’m expecting all that will happen is a phone call at some later date to tell me delivery is the next day at 9am
                      Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 08-10-20, 06:58 PM.
                      "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Im impressed that some people have actually received a contract.

Comment

dealer bulletin that went out today indicated that they should have the allocations figured out by the end of October. TMCA is pushing TMC to have more Australian builds prioritised but my personal thoughts are they may give preference to markets that have more margin :p

I'd be happy with a 2021 build for mine, and it looks like that is likely to be the case

Comment

“markets that have more margin” as in countries that are ordering the rallye model straight off the bat?

Pity because traditionally Aus-spec cars have been reasonably well specified and thus you’d think decent margin for TMC
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Got another update, specific numbers are for that dealership, but generally similar across all I'd say. His dealership has around 30 orders which will be split between two allocations (which haven't been done yet). First half are a nov/dec build with Jan delivery and 2nd half are feb-apr build with may delivery. Allocations of orders to cars will come soonish.
                              No specific rumours that he has heard around any other delivery delays.

Still expecting a demo car around November.
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

still no independent reviews?
                                This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X