• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
    Seen few photos on FB showing interior.

Smol screen. Seat heaters.

Strange.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I’m usually pretty relaxed about interior styling but that setup is hideous and the ‘drive in’ sized screen would drive me nuts....it’s like a giant mole on someone’s face that you don’t want to look at but your eyes keep getting drawn back to it. Much disappointing Toyota 😕
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

People whinged about the touch/swipe volume control being a fail on the Civic and having owned the car for almost a year I've only used it once just because I was curious how shitty it actually was (can confirm: close to useless). Every other time I've adjusted volume or track it has been via the steering wheel buttons which work flawlessly.

Even though they added a volume knob and tactile buttons to the 2020 models, I prefer the older unit I've got as it looks much better - entire head unit is one piece of glass which disguises the small size of the display - the touch buttons appear to be part of the display and fill out the area rather than having the appearance of a huge border around a tiny display like in the Yaris. With Android auto you rarely need to use those touch buttons, (or any touch buttons) anyway as I just plug in my phone, drive off and music starts playing automatically

It's a driver's car after all, passengers being able to easily adjust the radio is low priority.
      Last edited by Dan Andrews; 24-10-20, 11:42 PM.

Comment

It’s been what, ten years now since screens started appearing in most models, you’d think manufacturers would have worked out by now how to not make them look like someone got an ipad and blu-tacked it onto the dash
        Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 25-10-20, 01:09 AM.
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Agree. The screen looks rubbish and needs to go in the bin. What were they thinking? Rest looks decent enough for a Yaris.

Comment

the JBL screen looks to be the same as what was in the official press pics, just from a different perspective. Not sure why people are so surprised

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
              It’s been what, ten years now since screens started appearing in most models, you’d think manufacturers would have worked out by now how to not make them look like someone got an ipad and blu-tacked it onto the dash
              Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
              Agree. The screen looks rubbish and needs to go in the bin. What were they thinking? Rest looks decent enough for a Yaris.
              The reason for this is the time lead for car interior development is longer than technology updates. You design and engineer a dash and next minute the whole infotainment scene has changed. Thats why BMW did it first and everyone else went, "Ahh yeah, we'll do that as well"

I think Toyota did a good job with the Yaris above. That screen does well for dash real estate and airbag compatibility. It's a shed load better than the original centre mounted dash cluster idea in the first Yaris/Echo.

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

It still looks pretty crap to say a 2005 golf with a similar sized screen display. That's 15 years to try get it looking a bit more integrated haha.

I'd still live with it though, rest if the GR package looks awesome.

Comment

Sub 40k driveaway, one off chassis, carbon roof, aluminium doors, boot, bonnet, proper manual, selectable drive ratios (f & r), huge 2-piece brakes, power to weight of a 2000 sti wrx, whole of Japanese aftermarket behind it. I can live with a smaller screen.

Comment

So. What's the first day 1 mod all you guys that have bought one going to be?

Exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
                      So. What's the first day 1 mod all you guys that have bought one going to be?

Exhaust?
                      Yep. Rear muffler delete

Comment

Toyota goes and delivers a special little drivers car and sells it cheap to enthusiasts and all some people want to do is whinge about the infotainment screen. Get your priorities straight ladies
                        Evo VIII MR

Comment

good to hear the red looks good.

I give not one single fuck about the screen. I'll probably never touch it.
                          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Toyota (rightly) copped it for not having volume knob/on/off button in the current Hilux, and they’ve fixed it for the update.
                            Looks like they’re using a very similar screen in the Yaris.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Glad the last few posts have pointed out the highlights of the car rather than issues with a screen or the instruments.

If I was going to mod it I’d do an rear muffler delete for sure.
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

That interior is pox for the money. A Kia Picanto GT shits all over that interior and they're what, 19k? The instrument cluster are still 1994 Camry spec ffs.

I hate to hate on it but it's another big strike against the price tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X