No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s making 200kw at the wheels that’s stout. I wonder though if they are converting it back to flywheel power on the screen.
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

The question is... is 200kw atw expected from a 10.5:1 compression, direct injected 1.6L with a smidge over 20psi of boost... I'm not all that familiar with Dynapak hub dyno's, but seems within reason

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
        I read somewhere that when you get on the handbrake it cuts drive to the rear.

Could be really good for khana (we do ours on bitumen tho)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
        This is my understanding. Thats pretty much the bit that tipped me over to buying one.

Is there another new car on the market that has a real hand brake?
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

It's not 200kw ATW. That's the power that's been converted to at the engine apparently. I'm still having trouble wondering how a 1.6 manages 200kw and 370 Nm at 20 psi, but, we'll wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
            If it’s making 200kw at the wheels that’s stout. I wonder though if they are converting it back to flywheel power on the screen.
            Surely they must be, the gentleman's agreement 206kW thing doesn't exist in Japan anymore. Surely this can't be putting out 250kW at the flywheel and Toyota not claim it?

Comment

Is that the latest dyno from America?

because for such a small lightweight car it hasn’t got the speed to back up that number, factory claims for acceleration look more Dodge than Porsche to me

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
                It's not 200kw ATW. That's the power that's been converted to at the engine apparently. I'm still having trouble wondering how a 1.6 manages 200kw and 370 Nm at 20 psi, but, we'll wait and see.
                alot of the 2019 articles had 185kw/350nm and then it grew to 200kw/370nm. Id expect 155-165kw at the wheels no more

Comment

I saw something saying 160kw at wheel. Plenty for what I'll do with it.

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                    I saw something saying 160kw at wheel. Plenty for what I'll do with it.

So basically what a '93 Lancer Evo makes on 0.7 bar :D
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

So basically what a '93 Lancer Evo makes on 0.7 bar :D
                      Pretty sure that's the second time you've tried to make this point...hows the extra 400cc and cylinder working for you
                      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

They have an 'RC' model in Japan which is basically the stripped out motorsport variant (like the old Lancer Evo RS or STi Type RA) with no screen at all, this Japanese guy has been bunch of incar autocross videos in one of those variants and seems to handbrake pretty well.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun for out of the box with an oil change.

Comment

That 180km/h speed limit on the JDM models looks pretty frustrating on the straights.

Comment

Looks like some youtuber/journo in Japan has done a review of the GRY, standard RZ so similar spec to what we are getting (except the screen )...
                              With the auto-translate captions on its not too bad to understand.

Generally, the onroad feel is really good, stiff chassis, heaps of grip, even on a rainy road. Seat is comfy, engine noise might be a bit meh due to 3cyl although the engine is impressive in terms of power and revability.

From whats been said by a few people there is press launch on the 5th Nov (down in Canberra with Harry Bates) which will be under embargo until the 9th Nov (which is the previously announced wholesale date). So I'd say there will be finalisation of spec and reviews from the 9th. I spoke to my dealer guy on the weekend and he thought he'd heard there would be demos and the official launch on the 2nd, but I doubt this....
                              Last edited by 23Kev; 26-10-20, 02:23 PM.
                              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

From whats been said by a few people there is press launch on the 5th Nov (down in Canberra with Harry Bates) which will be under embargo until the 9th Nov (which is the previously announced wholesale date). So I'd say there will be finalisation of spec and reviews from the 9th. I spoke to my dealer guy on the weekend and he thought he'd heard there would be demos and the official launch on the 2nd, but I doubt this....
                                The date we're being fed at work is the 2nd.
                                Swedish Soot Chucker
                                Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Working...
                                X