No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ test drive with english commentary, looks good in black, would be my colour of choice if i had gran turismo credits to spend.

Last edited by JGTC; 27-10-20, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Bit of a bogus review, the conclusion is that it's a good car but better options for circa 73k Aud. Not sure where they got the pricing from.
      Evo VIII MR

Comment

Like a couple of other reviews that are popping up they weren’t overly knowledgeable on the car (let alone spending over 20 mins walking around the car). Like I mentioned in the Facebook group they were comparing it to known very hardcore hot hatches which I don’t think is fair. It seems to have been built as a liveable daily driveable car, not a stripped out super special hatch.
        I know I’m biased though. I fully understand that there will be more engaging drives out there, but from what I’m seeing this car is so far pretty perfect for me.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Lifted from whirlpool but looks like it can put down a half decent lap, even with limiter.

The word from our Japanese youtuber with the dream garage is that the Yaris has done a 1:05:xx at Tsukuba and a 2:01:xx at Fuji. A Megane RS-275 Trophy-R does 1:07's and 2:01's respectively https://www.renaultsport.com/The-Meg...-in-Japan.html
          Last edited by psi999; 28-10-20, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
            Lifted from whirlpool but looks like it can put down a half decent lap, even with limiter.
            So just to add on to what psi999 says, the GT-R guy on youtube has said Toyota/GR has mentioned it can do a 2:01 around Fuji. He has only done a 2:09 (I think) with the limiter issue he has. Haven't seen anyone drive it around Tsukuba yet.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
              1:05:xx at Tsukuba
              I've seen a few reports of it being able to do that around Tsukuba but there doesn't seem to be any video / proof. If it genuinely does that, it must be very capable considering the type of machinery that isn't even capable of that kind of time.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

So just to add on to what psi999 says, the GT-R guy on youtube has said Toyota/GR has mentioned it can do a 2:01 around Fuji. He has only done a 2:09 (I think) with the limiter issue he has. Haven't seen anyone drive it around Tsukuba yet.
                Ahh yes that makes more sense. Seems its pretty bloody fast then!

Comment

1:05 id hope as a stock car.

Watched a best motoring vid where lightly modded swift sports were doing that and it wasn't fully dry.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                  VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Next lot are in off Trans Future 6.
                    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                      1:05 id hope as a stock car.

Watched a best motoring vid where lightly modded swift sports were doing that and it wasn't fully dry.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
                      Tsukuba rewards lighter cars, but a smidge of power helps.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/tsukuba

Comment

Some info has been copied and rewritten from the Toyota Tech site with some diagrams of the engine and its components. A much easier to read than the tech site documents.

https://www.toyota-club.net/files/fa...-engine_en.htm

Comment

I will be interested to hear peoples thoughts once they take delivery but the rear vision mirror is incredibly low and creates a massive blind spot to the left as your driving. It sits only about 15cm above the screen but is right in my line of sight. The same interior is in the Yaris Cross but the rear view mirror is at least twice as high above the screen and not in the way of your vision. It needs to be low in the GR4 as the rear glass is very low with the sloping roof and i assume a narrower windscreen opening. Other than that the grip on Gravel is apparently quite good....
                          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                            I will be interested to hear peoples thoughts once they take delivery but the rear vision mirror is incredibly low and creates a massive blind spot to the left as your driving. It sits only about 15cm above the screen but is right in my line of sight. The same interior is in the Yaris Cross but the rear view mirror is at least twice as high above the screen and not in the way of your vision. It needs to be low in the GR4 as the rear glass is very low with the sloping roof and i assume a narrower windscreen opening. Other than that the grip on Gravel is apparently quite good....
                            Good insight on the visibility bigship. I have worried about these styles of screens as they are so high. So many other cars have them but probably bigger windscreens and higher rear view mirrors.

So supposedly either today or next week is the date we might hear more about deliveries, specs and demos. Any of the people with insider info able to tell us anymore? My dealer guy is not working today so can't get anything from him.

Comment

It's not the screen being too high you can see the dashboard behind it. It's the mirror being too low. I'll find out when our launch date is. Today is Yaris Cross launch day and they came in about 1 mth before GR4 iirc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                                It's not the screen being too high you can see the dashboard behind it. It's the mirror being too low. I'll find out when our launch date is. Today is Yaris Cross launch day and they came in about 1 mth before GR4 iirc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                                Awesome, thanks mate. Definitely seems to be all about the Yaris Cross today. Dealers probably getting confused between the two has made it confusing for everyone else too.

Comment

Working...
                                X