No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took a load of Toyota's with Yaris Cross to a rural dealer and the sales dude there reckons the GR launch is next Monday. Id personally take that with a grain of salt though.
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

How is that Yaris Cross even a thing? What does it do that a C-HR doesn't do already at about the same price?

I do like this promotional photo of it though:

I give you a 100% chance that neither of those bikes fit in the back.

Oh, and this interior - holy shit!

AE82 Corolla inspired fabric choices!
      Last edited by Mr Purple; 02-11-20, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
        How is that Yaris Cross even a thing? What does it do that a C-HR doesn't do already at about the same price?

Haha, and why are there two spare front wheels!
        Yaris Cross is a weird thing for sure. I think its meant to be a better thing "offroad" than the CH-R.
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Is the Yaris Cross meant to be the more practical one and the CH-R is the trendy one? Sort of like how an X4 relates to an X3?

I think it's like...30-40 years ago car companies made the practical sedan/hatch and the sports coupe. Now they make the practical SUV wagon and the "sports" one with the low roofline etc.

Comment

Was talking to Shannon's upping the clubbies agreed value and tried to get a quote on the Yarris. They wont cover it unless it's in a garage or under a carport?!?!?!?
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Wow, interesting. I know when I was doing a quote with Allianz I had to say that it had an immobiliser to be able to get a quote. Few other insurers have it available on the online systems now (crazy that Shannons is still phone quotes only). NRMA was the best for me, but obviously everyone is different.

Comment

My MTB fitted in my Clio RS and the Yaris Cross doesn’t look any smaller then that. Sure, you could put two bikes in there but it wouldn’t be pretty....
                Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 02-11-20, 07:02 PM.
                "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                  It's not the screen being too high you can see the dashboard behind it. It's the mirror being too low. I'll find out when our launch date is. Today is Yaris Cross launch day and they came in about 1 mth before GR4 iirc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                  Apparently GR4 launch is on 9th of November .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

One I had today had that brown interior and was 2 tone black and gold outside. . ... Jesus
                    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Saw a GR in the wild on my way into town last night. Looks tits in white.
                      Swedish Soot Chucker
                      Orange Accident KE10

Comment

Women, we love them but we've all been here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	7193219
                        "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

I read on one of the car news websites that they were having trouble selling them after raising the price $5K

Comment

That would hardly be surprising since the price is raised and I assume you would be waiting months for delivery. If you could walk into the dealership and drive off in one after a test drive it might be a different story.

Comment

Yeh, I reckon those final ones won't sell until there are some reviews and people can demo them. The wait will likely still be there, but some might pop up as some of the 1000 get out of their contracts due to finance etc.
                              Dealer guy reckons they'll get their demo in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                                Saw a GR in the wild on my way into town last night. Looks tits in white.
                                This is exciting, especially about the colour!
                                Wonder if its down there for Rally Tas? Are you close to any of the stages/start/finish etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X