Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise is on the wheel, RH side.

New Camry and Corolla are the same, and Rav I think.

Hilux still has the stalk though.

Comment

Yeh, new corolla and rav have the same wheel with it on the right. Yaris is a different wheel/buttons, but I think we should assume its in the same location.

Rather than debating the cruise control functions, how about we focus on it being a small, awd, turbo 3cyl, probably afforable performance car!!
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
        Yeh, new corolla and rav have the same wheel with it on the right. Yaris is a different wheel/buttons, but I think we should assume its in the same location
        Rather than debating the cruise control functions, how about we focus on it being a small, awd, turbo 3cyl, probably afforable performance car!!
        No comfort entry, no care..

I won't buy one, purely cos I doesn't suit my needs /wants at the moment but I reckon everyone else should!

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Toyota’s global strategy is to have the safety sense system on all vehicles going forward from around 2016. So that means the radar, windscreen camera and associated active cruise controls will be the new cruise stalk and will be around forever.

Also keen for one of these!

Comment

Yeh, new corolla and rav have the same wheel with it on the right. Yaris is a different wheel/buttons, but I think we should assume its in the same location.

Hopefully we get the option of fancy diffs here and not just the garden variety model.
            If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post

Hopefully we get the option of fancy diffs here and not just the garden variety model.
              Pretty sure they have already said we won't be getting the fancy diffs. Who knows what we'll be getting for sure but that seems like a decision thats already been made....
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

I know this thing is built to a budget but fuck the interior looks so cheap and nasty compared to the BMW interior of the GR Supra. Good reminder of how shit Toyota interiors are.

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                  So Toyota have finally replaced the clock from 1988????

And have they updated the cruise control stalk from 1998, or does this not have cruise???
                  Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

That clock predates 1988. It's infamous!

We had a 2006 Lexus IS250. It had exactly the same clock as my 1985 Corolla. They updated it only the next model after.
                  Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                  I actually hope Toyota dont change their cruise control stalk, its so intuitive to use and nice to know you can go from a Lexus to a Corolla and its the same (probably)
                  I like the fact that Toyota are trying to have a iconic interior that different to everyone else. That clock tells me I'm in a Toyota, I can read it and it has the time. It's awesome bit of history. To me it dates back to a Corona GT I remember on a rainy night.

Cruise control stalk - IMHO - that Mitsubishi cruise is the best out there. Everyone uses it from Subaru to Kia to Toyota. Easy, intuitive and works well. Unfortunately people with a $90k+ Lexus say it looks crap as it doesn't match the rest of the interior.
                  "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
                    I know this thing is built to a budget but fuck the interior looks so cheap and nasty compared to the BMW interior of the GR Supra. Good reminder of how shit Toyota interiors are.
                    Different market price point. Lexus do a nice interior to compete with cars worth much more.
                    "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
                      BMW don’t make many $15k OTR cars ...
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Something tells me this Yaris is nowhere near $15k OTR

Comment

Pretty sure they have already said we won't be getting the fancy diffs. Who knows what we'll be getting for sure but that seems like a decision thats already been made....
                          Would be nice if it was at least optional. I get not speccing it to bring down base costs but it'd be nice to make it optional for those who want a proper version.
                          If in doubt power out

Comment

The cruise control in my Merc CLK from the early 2000's is very easy and intuitive, works well. Holds speed brilliantly, even downhill.

Comment

excited about this car more then the supra and so are the people around me.

CISCOKIDS
                              The Gentlemen's Club
                              Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
                                excited about this car more then the supra and so are the people around me.
                                Basically a 30 year newer TX3 turbo 4wd. I'm curious on pricing as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X