No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just passed a white one of these going up while riding down Mt Gravatt - I imagine it was Mt Gravatt Toyota’s demo.

Would comment on its noise or speed but it was inevitably stuck behind a Camry.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
      I just got a call from Toyota about our car and why it is so late. Basically the first month production was October and those are the cars that have just been delivered to dealers. The volume of cars is enough for each dealer to have a demonstrator and a few left over. Those few leftover are the people who were lucky enough to get their cars now and the distribution was probably based on the size/performance of the dealer. For example my dealer (Mentone Toyota) didn't get an extra car- if they did it would be mine. So "99.5% of customers will not get their car before Mid-Late December from November production". He can't tell me how many went out but that is the crux of it.

Further to this there are a couple of dealers who have sold their demonstrator which Toyota do not like but can't stop.
      First Australian Production run was actually in September, a snippet from internal email back in August
      Click image for larger version

Name:	snip.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	7196767
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jasonp1977; 11-11-20, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post

First Australian Production run was actually in September
        Great news. So not only are Toyota useless they lie to people

Edit thats snarky but still annoying. I just want our car!
        Last edited by lukevl; 11-11-20, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Fark, these things are getting rave reviews. Top Gear, Evo magazine, Car Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
            Fark, these things are getting rave reviews. Top Gear, Evo magazine, Car Wow...
            Yeh, its almost unbelievable. Copied the below from Pistonheads.

Top Gear: "The GR Yaris is superb - the best Toyota we've ever driven." 10 out of 10.

Autocar: "All-paw Yaris might be the most exciting addition to the hot hatchback market in a decade. Wickedly purposeful, and wonderfully evocative of fast 4x4s of old." 5 stars out of 5. (Car is also the cover star of the print edition and across six pages inside).

EVO: "A true homologation superstar - Toyota's new road-going rally special is a great drivers' car of the type we worried we'd never see again. It's a little gem." 5 stars out of 5.

The Daily Telegraph:"This sensational special project takes the hot hatchback crown". 5 stars out of 5.

Auto Express: "Look beyond the price because the Toyota GR Yaris is no ordinary Yaris. Instead it's a car that will be written about and cherished by enthusiasts for many years to come." 4.5 stars out of 5.

Pistonheads: "Christmas has come early. It's brilliant!" (Pistonheads does not awards stars or scores).

Complete Car: "Toyota, with almost no back catalogue to call upon in the hot hatchback department previously, dangles the H-bomb of 'homologation' in front of us and then delivers a performance three-door for the ages in the blistered, brilliant form of the GR Yaris. Buckle up for what must surely be one of the most sublime on-road fast cars of recent years - size irrespective." 5 stars out of 5.

Motoring Research / Yahoo! News / (this will also appear on the huge-audience MSN Cars in the coming hours): "Toyota took its next WRC race car, then made it road legal. The result is the bespoke and ballistic GR Yaris - our hot hatchback of the year." (MR does not award stars or scores).

Yes Auto (video): "It really does feel like a very special car and they're only making a few thousand of these so jump on it, because once they're gone, they're gone. Such exploitable, accessible performance! It's just...very, very, very good. It's really special." (YA does not award stars or scores).

DriveTribe (video): "One of the most special cars I've driven in the last three years. It's phenominal! Yes I know I've spoiled the entire video by telling you it's good, but...just look at it!" (DT does not award stars or scores).

Johnny Smith's Late Brake Show (video): "I've got to be honest, I think it's going to be a classic as soon as it comes out because of the lengths they've gone to to make this so faithful as a road-rally car. You're buying a car that's rally-bred. I really love it." (JS does not award stars or scores).
            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Also, checked with Scifleet, demo (White) will be available tomorrow.
              I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

To be fair I wouldn't trust the daily telegraph as toilet paper but certainly looks good in terms of feedback.

Comment

Yaris GR4 example shows how pathetic new car distribution chanels are - not even vague resemblance of organised , transparent and fair conduct. Surely they could of done this better .
                  Last edited by Sumodog; 11-11-20, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Want to see dysfunctional allocations-- try buying a GT porsche

Comment

Originally posted by 35R View Post
                      I would love to experience that one day - reward is much greater but yes , can imagine what goes on .
                      Last edited by Sumodog; 11-11-20, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35R View Post
                        Trying to hit the window for a paint to sample car..
                        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                          Also, checked with Scifleet, demo (White) will be available tomorrow.
                          Cheers. I've hit up my sales guy. He'll give me a call Friday morning apparently.

Comment

as Kev said, Sci fleet are telling me the car is ready tomorrow. Supposedly once people test drive and they are happy they will lock in their allocation dates, which is slightly different to what Warren told me today. I tried the I don’t need a test drive just give me the date for delivery but no cigar....
                            Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 11-11-20, 05:46 PM.
                            "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

cuntssssss
                              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Weird that people have to test drive to conform the order.

Toyo website says I'll have mine for Christmas but I'm planning for mid Jan.

Should have a steer of one on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                                VF2 Redline Ute
                                E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Working...
                                X