No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking to sci fleet had dropped the ball, but that is because of the car enthusiast mindset. The number of pre sales they have on the books is prolly so insignificant It’s not worth devoting too much time and effort on, makes better business sense to focus on the volume/$$ activity that keeps them profitable. Can’t say I blame them, I don’t know if I would be too enthusiastic about dealing with a particular enthusiast group who are well researched and usually have a high enquire:low order ratio. Old mate Dealer I got the last car from told me he point blank refused to sell certain cars due to the drama associated with the buyers they attracted.
    Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 11-11-20, 07:13 PM.
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

It does make sense, although I have a feeling Warren might be incentivised on overall sales not individual sales, as each time we bought a car off him he gets someone else to write up the contract and shit.
      I think he’s been pretty truthful, but let’s see what happens tomorrow. I’d prefer to just drive tomorrow then go back Saturday for the contract with my wife.
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Received a call yesterday from my dealer to say mine will arrive on about the 8th December. I've also booked in to test drive their demo on Saturday so should be fun. Not long to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
          I was thinking to sci fleet had dropped the ball, but that is because of the car enthusiast mindset. The number of pre sales they have on the books is prolly so insignificant It’s not worth devoting too much time and effort on, makes better business sense to focus on the volume/$$ activity that keeps them profitable. Can’t say I blame them, I don’t know if I would be too enthusiastic about dealing with a particular enthusiast group who are well researched and usually have a high enquire:low order ratio. Old mate Dealer I got the last car from told me he point blank refused to sell certain cars due to the drama associated with the buyers they attracted.
          There is hardly any drama as i have ordered mine , paid the deposit and ready to pick the car up without test drive or any enquires . Price is also fixed and warants no discussion. So where is the missing drama and who is missing it ?
          Last edited by Sumodog; 12-11-20, 06:31 AM.

Comment

So interestingly the one guy who has got his car has put up his first day impressions. His main complaint is the rear view mirror, like bigshipengineguy said it’s so low down the view into left hand corners is pretty limited.
            Will be something I’ll look at when I drive it but it’s definitely not going to stop me from getting it!
            Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

There is hardly any drama as i have ordered mine , paid the deposit and ready to pick the car up without test drive or any enquires . Price is also fixed and warants no discussion. So where is the missing drama and who is missing it ?
            I reckon you’d be in the minority after seeing some people on Facebook. Fuck they are drama queens.
            Last edited by 23Kev; 12-11-20, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Toyota web portal has given me a VIN, engine number and build month. I guess that is more positive for a delivery not too far away.

I ordered day 3 about 7am.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

What's the go with test driving a demo a week before your order arrives? Are you able to pull out of the deal if you don't like it? Not sure what the contracts look like for these limited cars.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

That’s how it should be done..... money where mouth is, go forth young man.

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                    What's the go with test driving a demo a week before your order arrives? Are you able to pull out of the deal if you don't like it? Not sure what the contracts look like for these limited cars.
                    Most people who have done the online order don't have a contract yet, but in the agreement we accepted there was a $1000 non-refundable deposit. The guy I've been speaking to at the dealer has always been ok with me canceling my order (and getting the deposit back) upon viewing and driving the car, but this is not formalised anywhere.

I saw one guy went out for a test drive and then his car was miraculously there at the dealership ready to take home the next day. I believe this is kind of like what Luke mentioned above where dealerships have some say in who gets any extra cars that were ordered. I have no idea what would happen if that guy came back from the test drive, didn't like it because of some reason and then couldn't take his car. I'm sure there will be other buyers, but what that process is no one knows.

With the reviews we've had the only reason I think people might pull out is if they can't physically fit in it. All of the other things people were complaining about (size, rear seats, screen size, interior quality) will likely go by the wayside due to the hype that is now around the car. I know I'm biased, but if you have secured one, you'd be fucking insane not to go through with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                      Toyota web portal has given me a VIN, engine number and build month. I guess that is more positive for a delivery not too far away.

I ordered day 3 about 7am.

Awesome, lucky man. What month build do you have? What colour?

Comment

November build. Est pickup 17/12

Black is the colour.

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                        VF2 Redline Ute
                        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

dec build for me

most likely early Jan delivery.

Demo car not arriving until later this month, but he's said he will call so I can go for a spin.

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                            dec build for me

most likely early Jan delivery.

Demo car not arriving until later this month, but he's said he will call so I can go for a spin.
                            Dec build for me too, and I got my order done in the first 20 mins!
                            I thought you went and looked at a car already? Wasn't that a demo or has it been sold? There are heaps around in Melbourne, I'm sure you can find one to go drive if you want.

Comment

The one I looked at was for some one that got in early. I got mine in on the 1st day, not sure how thats late.....

Not that fussed. I'm buying it either way.
                              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Psi999 and I are currently test driving. Faark, amazing.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	D93371BF-DFD0-4724-8187-59EB6FB2EFF8.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	5.21 MB
ID:	7197189

Comment

Working...
                                X