No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeap pricing should be $39K + onroads/dealer delivery to reflect its modest performance/ugliness but Toyota WRC sticker will add 10k so $49,990 plus

is it quicker than a Renault or Golf ?? certainly doesnt appear to have the performance of a Type R.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Basically a 30 year newer TX3 turbo 4wd. I'm curious on pricing as well.
      Exactly what I thought too, or an AWD Turbo Swift GTI
      Just like the old days...
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Realistically its a Yaris. Can't charge big coin anything over 40K and it won't sell. If its 30-35K it will sell like hotcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post

Basically a 30 year newer TX3 turbo 4wd. I'm curious on pricing as well.
          hopefully without the glass gearbox.
          CISCOKIDS
          The Gentlemen's Club
          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Whats an 86 go for these days? Curious to know whether it would sit above or below that

One would think it would kick an 86's arse performance-wise so would sit above?
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

86's on the road are between $37k-$41k (GT vs GTS). Supposedly there is a new one of them coming in 2021.
              Different kind of car, but I guess appeals to the same kind of people. Will probably come above it I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
                excited about this car more then the supra and so are the people around me.
                The fact its not a BMW would probably explain that.
                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

homologation special, low production numbers, i dont think its going to be cheap at all....
                  1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                    The fact its not a BMW would probably explain that.
                    Also that the idea & concept & end-result are New And Shiny ... BMyota thing has been around for years & pretty much everything known about it for at least a year.
                    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                      One article says they want to sell 25k of them
                      If true not that low production really
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                        Also that the idea & concept & end-result are New And Shiny ... BMyota thing has been around for years & pretty much everything known about it for at least a year.
                        To be honest i thin kit is the whole hot hatch lifestyle people are onboard with and with TCR race series coming about more people are hyped for anything small and quick vs a GT based car like the supra.
                        CISCOKIDS
                        The Gentlemen's Club
                        Midnight Rocker

Comment

Just been unveiled at auto salon. Live stream is in Japanese so no idea what they are saying
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	348762DA-21BD-494D-A22C-FB9DA4222BC0.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	987.4 KB
ID:	7104011

Comment

Official announcement. https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/30976389.html
                            Japan can pre order ‘first editions’ from today. 3.96m yen for the base RZ model, 4.56 for high performance version.
                            power is 200kw, 370Nm, power to weight 4.706kg/ps. 1280kg
                            Standard conversion jpy to aud means it’s around $51k
                            More info http://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/gr/yaris/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                              Standard conversion jpy to aud means it's around $51k
                              other Toyota is around $51k here?
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Jesus...the high performance version is $60k AUD in Japan?

Comment

Working...
                                X