No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test drove a white one today (same as I’m getting) and it was phenomenal. I had reservations about swapping to the Rallye, but for the price I can’t think of another car that has had this performance to price ratio. It’s super quick and genuinely fun. AWD turbos like my previous Evo and RS can feel a bit too capable on the street, but this had a fun factor to it like an MX5 or 86. I loved it and can’t wait till mine gets here in December.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post

My only concern now is that the CarAdvice team have driven the car and weren't overly happy, hence releasing this to "soften" the release of their review.
      (damn, that's a long reply, sorry!).
      CarAdvice didn't like it , i better cancel my order ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

CarAdvice didn't like it , i better cancel my order ;-)
        Yeh, I’ll ignore the great reviews from some of the biggest sites around and the now two drives I’ve had and cancel my order....my no pics would have my balls though. She took it for a drive today and absolutely loved it. I was fairly sure she’d be all good with it, and in reality it wouldn’t have changed anything but just good to know she’s a fan. When we drove away she said there might be a few fights over who gets to drive it!
        I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Been reading pistonheads this morning and I’m surprised with the number of people that are now placing orders for these in the UK. I’ve seen people trading them for Ferrari 488 Pista, Porsche 911 and Caymans and a few other high end drivers cars. Amazing that a little 40k-50k Toyota has got so much attention. Check out this thread https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=23&t=1899810

Another good review. https://www.carenthusiast.com/review...cuit+Pack.html

I took it for another drive yesterday and had 2 passengers, the dealer and a mate (total extra weight of 170kg plus me I’d guess). It was also a stinking hot day in Brisbane. Definitely didn’t feel as rapid and urgent and makes me think with just the driver it will feel even better.

Comment

I must admit while I'm not really in the market for a new car, this does look to be turning out like it's gonna be a heap of fun etc. What's worse is I could actually afford it outright, but that's totally irresponsible (and it'd wipe out my savings, heh)

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Tuners edge are at heathcote. First pass, 13.8 @ 103.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	6A68FC16-DE82-4E2C-ACE5-2E70F8A7B466.jpeg
Views:	545
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	7198251

Comment

Been watching the reviews with interest, and it sounds mega.
                Also, latest Gran Turismo update has it on there, and it’s a hoot to drive!

Comment

My only concern now is that the CarAdvice team have driven the car and weren't overly happy, hence releasing this to "soften" the release of their review.
                  (damn, that's a long reply, sorry!).
                  A mate works at CA, they haven't reviewed it yet. Who said they have?
                  www.markpakula.com
                  2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                  2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                  2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                  2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Originally posted by trent from punchy View Post

A mate works at CA, they haven't reviewed it yet. Who said they have?
                    Is that Justin? From what I heard from both him and Mark (WTF) they were invited to a press day down in Canberra a couple weeks ago but the embargo from toyota was very strict with no content allowed until ~10th Dec. The FB group also mentioned they saw lots of press cars down in Canberra around the same time. I have a feeling CA are keeping very tight lipped about it.
                    p.s. I know you know many people in the industry mate and I trust what you are saying....

Comment

yeah.. cool.. lets see how it goes.. but so far, they haven't had a proper go of it.
                      www.markpakula.com
                      2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                      2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                      2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                      2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Tuners edge are at heathcote. First pass, 13.8 @ 103.

Name:	6A68FC16-DE82-4E2C-ACE5-2E70F8A7B466.jpeg
Views:	545
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	7198251

Went to have a look at one on the weekend, saw one being test driven and looked so cool in the flesh, even the wife loved it....
                        Originally posted by The Property Guru
                        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                        Originally posted by oxy
                        No, that's asians
                        A80 Supra
                        80 Landcruiser

Comment

Mine is on the boat. Looking good for pre Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                          VF2 Redline Ute
                          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Name:	50603649942_4a877b0700_b.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	7198716
                            Test drove this red one, which was interesting as I was originally going to go for the red, but I think on reflection the white I ended up with might be the better choice (for my taste anyway).
                            Pretty much agree with most of the assessments so far driving wise, nice gearshift, good brakes, numb steering, seats are too high, ride is stiff but liveable, turn in very sharp and handling seemed good, not that I could really test that out much on the local roads.
                            Soundwise I've always kinda liked a three pot even back to when I owned a few Charades, like a budget Audi quattro or something. I especially like that they didn't try and hide the turbo sounds that some manufacturers seem to want to do these days, if my car has a turbo I want to hear a bit of spool up and some wooshy type noises, that's half the fun of having a turbo!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
                              Mine is on the boat. Looking good for pre Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
                              Mine too 😁

Comment

eh fk you guys mine still says production date tbd.

Comment

Working...
                                X