No announcement yet.

Toyota Yaris GR-4 AWD Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be super interesting what the price on the Rallye is. I'm definitely not in the market for it and don't actually see the value in it for me. Going by the press release https://toyota.pressroom.com.au/pres...navSectionID=2, only 1100 have been sold, not the 1300-1400 people were talking about. It took ~6 weeks to sell the further 100 at $45k. Selling the Rallye @ $55k-60k (guesstimate) will be easy initially (maybe 100) but then will take a bit longer to sell all of them. Probably be proven wrong, the hype around the car is kind of amazing.
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

https://www.caradvice.com.au/902661/...ate-next-year/

All sold out with Toyota trying to obtain more stock late next year.

Comment

Chris Harris is loving it...

Comment

Picked up the dealer car today to do a video with it. Got under it and it’s a good little thing. Plenty of suspension upgrade parts incoming.

interestingly the dealer isn’t giving test drives anymore because they don’t have anything to sell so no point apparently

Comment

Cleveland Toyota has a black demo in. Was going to stop by in the AW11 today and try to wangle a test drive but really don’t want to be tempted to buy one!

They look cartoonishly angry in person.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
              Will be super interesting what the price on the Rallye is. I'm definitely not in the market for it and don't actually see the value in it for me. Going by the press release https://toyota.pressroom.com.au/pres...navSectionID=2, only 1100 have been sold, not the 1300-1400 people were talking about. It took ~6 weeks to sell the further 100 at $45k. Selling the Rallye @ $55k-60k (guesstimate) will be easy initially (maybe 100) but then will take a bit longer to sell all of them. Probably be proven wrong, the hype around the car is kind of amazing.
              inital (not official) pricing had it at 53990? I doubt it would be much more than that.
              www.markpakula.com
              2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
              2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
              2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
              2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

My order status changed, planned build in dec 2020.

Comment

Mine as well!

Comment

can someone please explain the model options to save me reading back through 100 pages? or more specifically what's the deal with the all singing, all dancing tricky diff version? is that coming to Strayla?
                    RB26......................Again

Comment

The base spec which is what we have now is a haldex style (clutch at the front of the diff) with an open diff centre. Rear torque will be limited by the clutch capacity. It has torque vectoring by braking I believe so that helps it turn in.

I think the fancy diff version is just a pair of Torsen centres on top of that but I’m not 100%

Comment

A white one is at Glen Waverley Toyota getting sorted for pick up by its new owner tomorrow

Comment

Toyota knows they have this little market's balls in their hands.. sell some cheap initial base models.. remove them from the market before the end of the year.. sell the Rallyeye for another 6 months at $53-55k or so... then reintroduce the base model GR4 again in 12 months (if they have to).

Meanwhile, standard base model Yaris models continue to sell 5 a month until they are discontinued, because way overpriced.

Sometime in 2021 comes the new 2.4L FT86 and Yota plays more games...as they know they have some demand there too.

Last edited by fury; 19-11-20, 09:32 PM.
                          RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

This page shows the standard specs. https://www.toyota.com.au/gr-yaris
                            Also shows the main Rallye specs further down the page. Red brakes, diffs as per Luke, wheels, tyres, suspension tune, roll bar, red stitching on seats etc. That’s the circuit pack in the UK and the version that all the reviews are about.
                            I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Have seen prices for complete rear diff at approx $2600 aud.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                              VF2 Redline Ute
                              E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

just saw my first one on the road today in kew (white).
                                Anyone from here?
                                For anyone that has been on a test drive - How usable is the back seat?

Comment

Working...
                                X