Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperHoon
    replied
    theres a guy in the UK that does precut to suit the rear arch and side skirt but i cant seem to get a fucking response.

is on the UK yaris forum. not hugely expensive.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    The Porsche dudes I was chatting to at the track day I did said they just PPF that area specifically. Like the GR, GT3's have massive rear arches and they get covered in chips (one of them didn't like when I compared my shitty Yaris to a GT3 ).
    I guess PPF is a step up from 3M style clear film.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    You-beaut 3M-style clear film on the sills and in front of the rear wheel arch will prevent most of the stone chips. Other advantage is it can be peeled off in a few years and a new lot applied if required. If you have a white car the film may yellow a bit but red and black cars should be fine for a decade or more.

Leave a comment:

• Gussy
    replied
    Yea, I don't do much rural / highway driving and I already have a small chip in the paint in one of my rear arches. Keen to hear how you go with the flaps (rallyflapz that is.)

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
    i already had the ones from all type fabrication hoping that it would be enough, but it hasn't.

so ive had to go with rallyflapz from the UK. its really because of the wider offset and sticky rubber picking up every last rock.

i shouldnt care but it'll likely need paint within 3 years to present well if i dont.
    Think its mainly from track driving or just general country road driving (you live in the sticks don't you?)?

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    i already had the ones from all type fabrication hoping that it would be enough, but it hasn't.

so ive had to go with rallyflapz from the UK. its really because of the wider offset and sticky rubber picking up every last rock.

i shouldnt care but it'll likely need paint within 3 years to present well if i dont.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    Which ones did you go with?

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    front flaps are at the post office waiting for fitment. i dont like the look of the flaps but here we are.

hopefully this can stop some of the massacre of my rear arches.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    Drove a normal yaris today as a loan car while it was being serviced.

Jesus Christ they are a pile of crap.

Handrakey into the car park at work was a giggle though.

Leave a comment:

• Gussy
    replied
    Yea, I doubt the ceramic would have really helped to protect it from the gate but very lucky anyway!

Leave a comment:

• andy_wk
    replied
    Hmm, I'd say if you can detect the scratches they've gone partially through the clear.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Ceramic coat didn't really help that more just luck at the way its happened, great result nonetheless!

Leave a comment:

• Duncan1
    replied
    Thats a great result!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    fuck me, ive never had a ceramic coat on anything but i think you just sold it to me.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    One very small chip in the skirt, and 2 very fine scratched that seem to be in the ceramic coat and not the paint/clear.

I only used polish, so a cut may get rid of them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X