Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmx
    replied
    Exactly... All about the MR and resulting wheel rate. Spring rate in isolation isn't a good metric.

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
    Was chatting to some guys yesterday on a drive up here, one (older guy with shit loads of experience, has done targa tas 21 times) into Tarmac Rallys. Currently prepping his standard GR with cage, seats etc. He's spoken to Neal Bates and others and all have mentioned needing to up the rear spring rate to remove the understeer, guess its good that H&R have done that.

Drive through the mountains was fucking great. Followed a Rallye the whole way and while we both had some in reserve he didn't get away from me at any stage with both of us driving at 8/10ths. Who woulda thunk it that the standard car was just as fast as the Rallye...
    im surprised that when reading about some of the coilover kits on offer that they've gone with a lighter rate rear compared to front, but i havent calculated the motion ratio in the rear so i guess we can only compare the feeling that the stock spring rates give and the comparison of those rates to each other.

i remember watching a video of the fast yaris at tsukuba and the spring rates were like 3 or 4kg higher in the rear than front.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied
    Was chatting to some guys yesterday on a drive up here, one (older guy with shit loads of experience, has done targa tas 21 times) into Tarmac Rallys. Currently prepping his standard GR with cage, seats etc. He's spoken to Neal Bates and others and all have mentioned needing to up the rear spring rate to remove the understeer, guess its good that H&R have done that.

Drive through the mountains was fucking great. Followed a Rallye the whole way and while we both had some in reserve he didn't get away from me at any stage with both of us driving at 8/10ths. Who woulda thunk it that the standard car was just as fast as the Rallye...

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Originally posted by [SPESHAL] View Post

Looks mint. How does it ride?
    you can tell the springs are firmer but the big difference is they upped the rear spring rate more than the fronts. so you lose a bit of the "boating" feeling with the stock car. which is fantastic. at this point i wont be rushing out for coilovers, rather a diff or two first.

tyres feel stiff but thats expected.

Leave a comment:

• [SPESHAL]
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
    Thats with h&r springs, 18x9.5 +38 255/35 nankang ar1.
    Looks mint. How does it ride?

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    It's interesting they aren't able to get full control over the rear diff's mag clutch with the motec, maybe just some more time figuring out what the 4WD ECU needs over CAN to stay happy

Leave a comment:

• 2rismo
    replied
    Originally posted by nastysven View Post

Seems odd to me, as in that would have to skew the result quite a bit.
    Something about the diff arrangement fighting the dyno after a few runs and skewing power figures.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Heroin
    replied
    ^looks perfect, proper aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post

i remember reading on bookface that they pulled the shaft out to the rear diff.
    Seems odd to me, as in that would have to skew the result quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Thats with h&r springs, 18x9.5 +38 255/35 nankang ar1.

Still gotta fit camber bolts up front.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RP_Automotive
    replied
    Guy I used to race with currently has his Yaris getting a full cage installed, setting it up for tarmac rallies. Already had a Motec and all sorts of other stuff. Will be interesting to see where it’s at in 3-4 months time. I’ll try and post some progress pics when some good ones come up.

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    they removed the tail shaft IIRC

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoon
    replied
    Originally posted by nastysven View Post
    an extra 50rwkw would be interesting.

How do they disengage the rear wheels though? I thought there was at least 30% going to the back of the car./
    i remember reading on bookface that they pulled the shaft out to the rear diff.

Leave a comment:

• nastysven
    replied
    an extra 50rwkw would be interesting.

How do they disengage the rear wheels though? I thought there was at least 30% going to the back of the car./

Leave a comment:

• DaveBxGT
    replied
    Yeah, so no big turbski's without pulling the cams out. Looks rapid enough on the stock snail though!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X