Protecting parked cars from bushfires

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get in it, start it, drive it to a place where there isn't a bushfire. 100% effective.

Comment

Originally posted by TMM View Post
      Get in it, start it, drive it to a place where there isn't a bushfire. 100% effective.
      yep i agree, 3 are drivable ( though 2 unregoed) 1 isnt but yep thats the obvious answer but not advisable with the feds on every corner blocking roads..(having said that) was a lot of crazy unregoed cars randomly parked on our worse 2 fire days last week.. looking for another idea...

Comment

Reckon the feds would be busy elsewhere
        than looking for unreg cars- although every k is a killer

Comment

If you have someone who can store your cars for a little while that would be ideal. Luckily I have space (sorta) at work and I've put my cars there.
          Motorbike is in the house as I figure I/firies would save house before shed.

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
            If you have someone who can store your cars for a little while that would be ideal. Luckily I have space (sorta) at work and I've put my cars there.
            Motorbike is in the house as I figure I/firies would save house before shed.
            yep absolutely on saving the houses over the shed.. theres streets in my area where theres 5 or 6 on one side of the road where sheds and outbuildings gone and the houses only are spared/saved....
            fuckiing horid scene...

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
              Skip to 1.45 and then 3.33 to see old mates cars and tell me anything will help if you get properly hit. Mate filmed this at Bargo.

fuck that is just devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by Faedy View Post

fuck that is just devastating.
                That's crazy , you'd not wish that on anyone

Comment

Take them down to the local shopping center underground carpark

Comment

fucking hell man i feel for you. if you're away from the bush itself and nearby heat from the bushfire isnt an issue, but your house or shed going up is susceptible due to embers.. then i would focus on them not going up in the first place. put your efforts on fireproofing the house and shed.

also if you have a car that can tow, hire a trailer from 7 eleven or whatever and start getting them out to a safer place now.
                    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                      also if you have a car that can tow, hire a trailer from 7 eleven or whatever and start getting them out to a safer place now.
                      the 7 eleven trailers are limited to around 1200kg , mainly been built tough to cop the abuse and keep under the 2000kg when more stuff is required
                      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Well get a couple of mates - slap a movement permit on them and shift em.

Or if you can get trade plates.

To bury them in containers won't stop damage from radiant heat, they have to be well underground or no thick veg on top

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy View Post
                          Take them down to the local shopping center underground carpark
                          I was just think that the local Bunnings would be a good place to put a car if fire came.

Also any underground car parks would be even better I think.
                          Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Someone missed out digging a hole https://www.facebook.com/Miniaturera...type=3&theater

Comment

I can confirm that leaving them in the shed does not work Click image for larger version

Name:	theoscar.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	723.2 KB
ID:	7106160
                              Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Lobster; 17-01-20, 10:07 AM.
                                Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X