Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nostracarmus - Car predictions for 2020

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nostracarmus - Car predictions for 2020

    What does the PF brains trust think will happen in 2020 as far as the car world goes?

    I have some visions, it could be the dodgy Chinese sorghum alcohol I took with two Advil's
    • BMW will reveal the reason for it's massive grill treatments of new models is to place all the new sensors required for autonomous driving
    • Lexus will do the same
    • Toyota will buy BMW or at least platform model share
    • They'll be another VW scandal, I for one hope it involves vodka, cocaine, goats and Carols Ghosn
    • Tesla will miss production deadlines
    • Holden will re-badge as Chev, most Holden dealers won't bother and re-brand something else
    • Ford will release an hybrid/electric F truck with power points to run work site tools
    • I still won't finish my Mustang
    • Shit will go down in the middle east and be used as an excuse to raise the price of petrol
    • More car magazines will fold
    • Merc will release electric AMG's
    • GM sales fall even more, heck now RAM out sells the Chev/GM pickups
    • Global car sales fall in line with reduced production output, parts (and part manufacturing) suppliers start to consolation as consumers wait for the electric revolution

    Long shots
    • Nissan might not make it, if so may re-badge other PSA/FCA vehicles as Nissan to survive. I hope for a Mazda like comeback
    • 300 Series Landcruiser comes out as a petrol hybrid, only Australians cry for no diesel then realise two years after release that it aint' a bad thing

    #2
    already confirmed - ranger raptor v8. its gonna be a good year.
    I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

    I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mizone View Post
      Toyota will buy BMW or at least platform model share
      Supra/Z4


      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

      Comment


        #4
        Globally
        All the young people (millenials) with no money complaining social media abiut climate chnage and the need for electric vehicles
        All the people who care about saving the planet with money have already bought the still cost prohibitive EV's
        EV sales fall through the ass as everyone realises what people say they 'would do' on the internet doesn't convert to actual money in the real world
        The people who actually have money give no fucks for EV's
        cybrtruk fails because $100 deposits don't mean shit.
        Corvettes sell like wildfire
        Evryone gets over re fact a Supra 'is a BMW' and is actually a good car and sales skyrocket
        Trumpblows up moe Middle East then US increases its gulf/fracking operations to keep oil prices down and as a giant 'fuck you' to everyone else.

        Locally
        V8 Raptors sell faster than they're built
        HSV saves itself by v8 swapping Sportscat
        Holden halves its dealership network
        Last edited by 138ci; 04-01-20, 06:17 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          New car sales will continue to struggle
          Corvettes will be much more expensive than anyone was anticipating
          AMGs will continue to build pieces of shit but this time will less cylinders
          Porsche values will start to finally decline (except 997 cup cars)
          Find your Freedom
          Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
          www.FreedomFunding.com.au
          www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

          Click for PF Loans
          If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Sloth View Post
            already confirmed - ranger raptor v8. its gonna be a good year.
            And will cost 100k+ !!

            Don't mention the adBlocker !!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Morgs View Post
              New car sales will continue to struggle
              Corvettes will be much more expensive than anyone was anticipating
              AMGs will continue to build pieces of shit but this time will less cylinders
              Porsche values will start to finally decline (except 997 cup cars)
              Safe bets on all fronts I reckon..

              1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

              Comment


                #8
                New cars will continue to struggle - as everybody who has switched to a FWD SUV has already done so. Nobody gives a shit about driving dynamics once you go SUV, so any "upgrade" will just be the same.
                Electric cars will continue to grow in the US, Europe, China, but very slowly in Australia (much to the amusement of the rest of the world)
                Hybrids will become more popular here
                State Governments start to charge extra rego or per km for hybrids and EV's to avoid losing petrol excise
                Sales of diesel vehicles start their decline. In 10 years, probably a fair bit less, diesel will be like LPG presently
                Holden closes up shop
                Last edited by fury; 04-01-20, 07:29 PM.
                your former friendly cambodian dictator

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by 138ci View Post
                  Globally
                  All the young people (millenials) with no money complaining social media abiut climate chnage and the need for electric vehicles
                  All the people who care about saving the planet with money have already bought the still cost prohibitive EV's
                  EV sales fall through the ass as everyone realises what people say they 'would do' on the internet doesn't convert to actual money in the real world
                  The people who actually have money give no fucks for EV's
                  cybrtruk fails because $100 deposits don't mean shit.
                  Corvettes sell like wildfire
                  Evryone gets over re fact a Supra 'is a BMW' and is actually a good car and sales skyrocket
                  Trumpblows up moe Middle East then US increases its gulf/fracking operations to keep oil prices down and as a giant 'fuck you' to everyone else.

                  Locally
                  V8 Raptors sell faster than they're built
                  HSV saves itself by v8 swapping Sportscat
                  Holden halves its dealership network
                  The only thing that is right in this post is Holden halving their dealers.

                  Manufacturers are being forced into EVs because of fleet wide emissions targets in the EU. They ain't going anywhere.
                  Corvette will be 150k+ so they'll sell a few thousand.
                  Cybertruck will fall because it'll be 5 years behind schedule and will be lucky to be released in the 2020's.
                  Sales will drop for the Supra, just like every other sportscar in history after the initial hype dies down.
                  The V8 raptor will be 110k+ and they'll sell a handful.
                  A V8 swapped sportscat already exists, the Harrop Supercat

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Agree EV's will become more prevalent overseas, probably not in Australia in 2020 as they are still too expensive.
                    Most car companies (Waymo have already I think) will stop talking about autonomous cars as if we are about to introduce them now and start downplaying them regularly due to too many difficulties in all everyday circumstances and current road setups
                    Mazda will announce the new RX9 turbo rotary is under development and will be out in 2021 in my dreams only I think
                    Hope Morgs prediction of Porsche price drops comes true!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I reckon 911 drops have started (maybe mid 19)
                      This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Porsche AU will drop it’s prices when the LCT is finally removed

                        hahaahaha!

                        Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                        Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                        1UZ+1NZ...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

                          And will cost 100k+ !!
                          Roumour in house is 97k... It's not a hard swap. The 10.speed already has an available bellhousing and tune for the v8 and the Mounts are the same as the ecoboost 2.3 from the states.
                          I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

                          I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

                          robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            FCA/Peugeot/Opel merger will concentrate on halving their platforms & closing factories for future models. Market share will decline.
                            GM already losing money with current C8 Corvette prices. They'll bump them just in time for the Aus reveal (coincide with Holden being rebranded Chev)
                            Someone comes up with a credible power up kit for the Suzuki Jimny.
                            Honda um and ahh about launching a hybrid Jazz, ignore the Honda E, won't do an export S660. If they do an export S660 it'll be priced at a stupid price & sell as good as NSX's do.
                            Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi merger will stumble along with no successor to the 370Z, Silvia or Evo's being announced soon. Nissan & Mitsubishi decide to give up on cars (GTR kept as halo model).
                            VW to miss the boat with electric ID.3 sales (massive pent up demand but slow rollout of cars) and wind up having to pay huge EU fines.
                            Tesla will be in the shit. USP of electric cars disappearing and it'll struggle to be a proper car company.
                            Toyota Yaris GR4 wins Wheels 2021 COTY.
                            Lewis beats Schumi's records then announces he is joining Ferrari to top up his retirement package.
                            Last edited by Smudge; 04-01-20, 11:35 PM.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                              Lewis beats Schumi's records then announces he is joining Ferrari to top up his retirement package.
                              He cant beat his championship record this year, only match it. The race wins record will sadly, more than likely fall though, unless The Reds, and Blue's, can find more consistency this year

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X