2. Cheap consumables
    3. Track proven
    4. Wagon
    5. Park anywhere

You're welcome

Comment

I would seriously consider an F40.
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I think you need to toss the 10 year old thing out the window. What's that shit? It discounts heaps of contenders that are 15-20 years old & more capable.
        The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Has the OP got himself an EK Civic yet or what ?
          The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

You dont want a cheap 135i. They are ticking time bombs when it comes to their common issues. Fast and fun to drive when they are working though.

Volvo c30s arent as sporty as the xr5. They were geared to be more luxurious and niche sorta thing. They are reasonably quick, but bland to drive hard.

Left field idea. Mini JCW.
            Originally posted by Rdyno
            70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
            Originally posted by Tripper
            Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

^ One of my workmates just bought a 135i for $12k about 100k kms on it, from the first owner who’d had it fully serviced & who wanted it gone & who was sick of swedes lowballing her & then re-negotiating lower when she agreed to a price. It seems to be in pretty good nick, even has 4 new tyres.

C30 R-Design is allegedly as fun as an XR5 (well the real comparison was with an “ST”), but that info comes from a Volvo forum so could be biased.
              Last edited by Captiva Fan; 25-01-20, 07:35 AM.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Admittedly my no pics C30 T5R is an auto, which doesnt help things, but i have much more fun punting around the e36 318is than the volvo. The front end just feels heavy and under steery.
                Originally posted by Rdyno
                70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                Originally posted by Tripper
                Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Drove my brothers XR5 on track once. Great road car, but understeering boredom on track, engine that nosed over at only 5 and a bit thousand revs, lights up inside tyre coming out of corners so no exit drive. Nah. I mean you could free it up with a tune and LSD + uprated clutch while your at it, but there goes $3k which you'll never see again on a cheap car.

Maybe this why your need a light low torque NA screamer to have fun on track. They're not so great on the road, but the harder you spank them on track the better they feel. Heavier, torquier turbo cars that are great on the road up to 8 tenths generally feel worse the harder you push them and no as happy on track.

Comment

Check out the Swift Sport hire car.
                    Theres a lot of fun to be had wringing every last ounce out of a slower car that handles well.
                    These only have basic mods but you can see how well balanced they are.

Specs

About the car : KW suspension, Roll cage from wiechers, Recaro seats, Endless pads (front and rear) Semi slick tires (yoko AD08R) Remus exhaust, Stock engine.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Having fanged one of those at the Nurburgring I was certainly looking for how cheap they were when I got home. We saw an indicated 180km/hr a few times and we were shit drivers on our first ring outing. Caught up to a (very safely driven) Ferrari at one point too.

Would be the best answer to this question - cheap, reliable and slowish but hilarious.

Comment

8.40 from a dirt cheap production car with slicks and exhaust is kick arse... probably still more than op budget though
                        your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

Cheeky bugger. It's more about what you are comfortable putting into a wall. Driving something slow at 10/10ths is more fun than driving something fast at 2/10ths and still being worried about someone else with more ambition than ability.

Also well versed in the joys of the Swift. The bloke in the passenger seat is some random who wanted to come for a lap to see how dry the track was sucker! Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1580116698682.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	7108582
                          POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

Fiesta XR4 with cage (no pics of cage) & Vic reg (so registered as a 2 seater then? And what's happening with cage side intrusion bars?).
                            48,000km 3000 of them Targa. $16k
                            https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6346477/?Cr=0
                            Last edited by Smudge; 27-01-20, 08:12 PM.
                            He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Not sure why those Fiestas aren't more popular, they weigh Bugger all and a 2.5 drops straight in.

Comment

Forg badge?
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X