Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    So I just went through all this with our buying cars shit.

Prerequisite was the following
    Wagon
    Towbar
    Power
    newish/low ks

So originally I wanted an R8 Tourer (I got a thread about it Commodore with Tupperware or something)
    The boys are pretty much spot on.

I ditched the HSV mainly cause I couldn't find one I was completely happy with.

I drove a VF1 clubby figured it was ok.
    The wife looked into heaps of them and we ended up with a 2017 VF2 SS Redline. If you had the cash to spend on it I'd definitely recommend it. The little modcons on it are pretty sweet (as mentioned above).
    If you don't particularly care and the price wasn't right VF1 is perfectly fine.
    From a Barra is lyf guy was hard to come over to LSjunk in my drive way. I literally have no regrets at all but. Really really enjoy driving it. Wife finds reasons to go for drives now. Didn't even do that when we built the Gemini...

I wouldn't bother with a VE anything if you're looking at a VF.

I don't know if this of help at all.
    Yeah I think I read your thread but couldn't find it in search, just re read then.
    A VF2 redline def doesn't seem to bad a compromise when you were looking at hsv but probably out of my budget

Yeah I was only looking at ve2 back before I got the SV6 VF and now that's all I'm looking at definitely

I'm not particularly a Ford or Holden guy, had a bf2 xr6t ute before the vy ss. But wagon practically is awesome for me as I hate that no modern car seats fold down if sedan.

Also need aomethsom to tow but not keen for a dual cab. So nothing else is around on horizon that is car like and can tow, that's why looking at something to keep long term

Comment

so does the manual trans L77's with no AFM suffer from any of the lifter DOD shit?

www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by (Locky) View Post

Yeah I think I read your thread but couldn't find it in search, just re read then.
        A VF2 redline def doesn't seem to bad a compromise when you were looking at hsv but probably out of my budget

Also need aomethsom to tow but not keen for a dual cab. So nothing else is around on horizon that is car like and can tow, that's why looking at something to keep long term
        Yeah I thought so to. I'd love a clubby but wasn't keen on forking out the dollars for the LSA one.
        The wife didn't want a dual cab and I didn't want a CX9. I'm yet to tow with the VF but I'd say I'll have no dramas.
        I'm terrible with selling cars (still have my falcon which I have no idea what to do with it) so this will stay with us till it dies I'd say.
        BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by (Locky) View Post

Can you get the brembos that cheap?
          did a Google and looked like was going to be 3k ish to get them all around. As was half thinking of getting a mid spec but at least doing the brakes if it worked out better
          Yeh dude, for the fronts, just keep stock rear, it is honestly all you should need for a daily. I've punished mine and they do the job just fine. Still have the stock pads and discs 90k on and have rarely if ever had fade issues.

https://www.holmart.com.au/vf-hsv-redline-brembo-front-brake-kit-calipers-pad - have seen them as low as $1100 which is what I paid for mine.

Doubtless 4 pot all round will be a bit better again but cost/benefit, eh.

Comment

What did Lightyear have as a tow pig before he changed to an Audi?
            He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
              so does the manual trans L77's with no AFM suffer from any of the lifter DOD shit?
              It’s physically there but disabled in the tune.

My L77 was fine. Lasted 70k of merciless thrashing at 280rwkw. I sold it to a bloke up north who put a turbo on it the size of a watermelon and it’s still going strong last I heard.

I bought the brembos for $700 through Thomson Holden. Beware that stock offset wheels and a lot of spoke patterns do not clear the Caliper so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by brasher View Post

It’s physically there but disabled in the tune.

My L77 was fine. Lasted 70k of merciless thrashing at 280rwkw. I sold it to a bloke up north who put a turbo on it the size of a watermelon and it’s still going strong last I heard.

I bought the brembos for $700 through Thomson Holden. Beware that stock offset wheels and a lot of spoke patterns do not clear the Caliper so keep that in mind.
                I don't know if since shutting up shop they have raised prices. I saw people referring to getting VF2 wagon tail lights for $550 when they first came out and now 1k but might be the thing of need to actually shop around

I was surprised how well even the V6 tows a Silvia on a car trailer. Its It's on super low springs hd springs ( not that low 15-20mm less than fe2). Seems super solid so the extra power will be sweet. Love the look of them on ultra lows but seems practical and can still tow/ get into multi stories so probably just swap them over

Comment

I've had a VF2 SSV redline ute for almost 4 years. I don't do a heap of KMs given its just done 52k. It's farken great and the little extras like heads up, bimodal, Brembos are nice to have. Mines stock but if you're modding some of the extras will be pointless I guess.

But I usually break all my cars and this one hasn't had a single issue. Wasn't used to that with my numerous Ford's. Other than oil and filter changes, have only changed tyres (does good skids). Still even on the original brakes and I'm always driving like a fuck stick or regularly towing around 1700kg.

By all accounts Holden got it all right for the last model... would recommend.

Comment

Working...
                  X