Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent - wiring gurus needed

Hey guys, supposed to get a roady on the no pics mini tomorrow. have spent all week sorting wiring problems and other stuff, but didnt realise the brake failure warning light has been disconnected.

So it uses a 5 pin relay, a normally closed warning switch, and the starter solenoid wiring triggers the relay to test the light when starting. the test circuit i can get my head around, but i cant work out how to trigger the light by open circuiting the switch.

Can anyone shed some light (or better, ms paint) a solution?
    Cheers
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

is it a change over relay? there'd be 87 and 87a on it. 87a is normally on, and 87 is switched on like normal. the 87a terminal likely feeds the brake fail switch. the 87 terminal will bypass the switch and light the light up when the starter is cranking.
    Originally posted by Skompa
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

My bad, I've drawn the picture as a change over relay, but whats on is 2x 87s both activated when the relay is triggered.
      I have change over relays if that will make the circuit work though
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

realistically as long as it bypasses the brake fail switch and pulls the light on when cranking it should be fine?
        Originally posted by Skompa
        The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by briney View Post
          realistically as long as it bypasses the brake fail switch and pulls the light on when cranking it should be fine?
          Yep, did this and it passed a roady like that. If the brakes fail, i wont need a shitty light to tell me lol

Comment

Working...
          X