Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water coming in from sills... Fucking french cars

So, this is an odd one. (And a long shot)

Have a 2015 Renault Clio which has done barely any km (less than 1500/yr) and it has been at the dealer 3 times to address a "leak"...

It only happens when parked "nose up", what is happening when parked nose up is that the sill on the left side of the car is filling up with water, but when you drive off and brake, or turn right, the water sloshes in the sill and comes in through every single gap in the floor/interior side of the sill...

Other than drilling random holes, or pulling some of the rubber grommets out in the outside of the sill ... What can I do? This is such a strange and unique problem that I'm very close to pulling off the qtr panel to work how how the fuck the water is going in there in the first place... Any advice before "death by fire" commences?

Any helpful advice of "that's why you don't buy french" may be met with equal bouts of fire...

its been a while since I had mine, but Isn’t there a compressed matting in the wheel wells? Maybe getting through there?
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
      its been a while since I had mine, but Isn’t there a compressed matting in the wheel wells? Maybe getting through there?
      This is a mk4... Has plastic liner, but haven't pulled it out to check underneath...

Thought I was clever so pulled the external bungs in the rear of the sills out... After I had run a lot of water over the windscreen and water floods out, of both sides (only left leaks). But even after all drained, water still gets into the passenger side... in significantly reduced quantities.

I see the obvious solution of dismantling both sides of the car and comparing, but the fact that water is in both sills, but only leaks into the left side leads me to believe somewhere between the layers of metal is some missing sealant

Comment

Pull the shipping water drain plugs out. No, I'm serious, the dealer pre delivery probably doesn't know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
          Pull the shipping water drain plugs out. No, I'm serious, the dealer pre delivery probably doesn't know about it.
          Do you know where they'll be?

Comment

It might be in the factory manuals - I can’t recall if the one I have installed goes up to 2015 though...
            ---
            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Yup, I can't find one beyond that without paying, apparently someone has it for money (don't they always)...

Wonder if the Renault Clip software has it... Unfortunately need to wait until I get power back (over 2 days so far...)

Comment

Renault, no. However there are heaps of videos and documentation online for all the Renault stuff and water issues.

Comment

Working...
                X