Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front hinged bonnets

Was reflecting on the fact the first 6 cars I owned had front hinged bonnets. Do any current production cars have them?

Aston Martin DB11 does

Comment

Jaguar F-Type
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

911 & 718?
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
            911 & 718?
            VW beetle was one of my 6

Comment

Originally posted by Spammy View Post
              VW beetle was one of my 6
              Fair point ... although technically the VW-badged Beetle is outta production now, so it's the Porsche-badged ones you're actually thinking of.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

My original post was that the first 6 cars I owned all had front hinged bonnets. I didn't own a MY2020 Porka when I was 17 - also don't own one now.

Comment

GB Meteor for me. Front hinged bonnet was great
                  2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                  I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Is it just me or does everything with a front opening bonnet and the stigma of not being reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                      Is it just me or does everything with a front opening bonnet and the stigma of not being reliable?
                      The correlation is very high.

Comment

Is there any advantage to a front hinged bonnet? Seems to me it's 33% less access to the engine bay seeing as you can't get to stuff from the front.

Comment

Installing a new radiator certainly less fun with a front hinged bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                            Is there any advantage to a front hinged bonnet? Seems to me it's 33% less access to the engine bay seeing as you can't get to stuff from the front.
                            I think the main advantage is in packaging. The cars I've had with front hinged bonnets have had very small hinges, compared to what would have been needed for a rear opening bonnet.
                            Originally posted by Marlin
                            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                              They dont need a secondary restraint to race?

At least my e30 didn't.
                              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                              X